Sign in to follow this  
Cheshire Cat

Sun Tzu's Art of War

Rene- Naw, it was....I just felt like being silly.

You put me in my place. yep.

I do agree. Those are some amazing things to experience....

Do you feel that Sun Tzu's writings help you see the applications of the TTC?

Hi Uroboros (-:

Maybe not any more so than just looking around does. I look forward to re-reading it over this next week... it's been 30 years since I last skimmed through it. Wonder if it will read any differently, lol. Wanna talk about it later and see if we think SunTzu still knows what's what? ^_^

Edited by rene

Rene- Hmm...Interesting. You feel the the TTC is capable of being understood and experienced without any add ons?

Haha, It has not been that long since I read it..i do need a refresher, though.

It will probably be different since you are different...How so, I dunno. You may find it pretty basic and self apparent.

Funny how once you understand the principles, the writings seem obvious. The connections and patterns are like the sun in the sky on a clear day.

Or some such thing.

Oh yea, I would love to talk about it witchu! You are quite an enjoyable person to banter the musings with.

I would love to know what you think, on your re-read. hehe, Im sure I can learn quite a few things. hahaha.

Peace.

Rene- Hmm...Interesting. You feel the the TTC is capable of being understood and experienced without any add ons?

That depends on the reader, perhaps. For me, the concise clarity of Li Erh's ideas shines through; other writings only muddle things up. I read somewhere that 'perfection' isn't when there is nothing left to be added; 'perfection' is when there is nothing left to be removed.

Haha, It has not been that long since I read it..i do need a refresher, though.

It will probably be different since you are different...How so, I dunno. You may find it pretty basic and self apparent.

That's what I felt about it 30 years ago, lol, so we'll see!

Funny how once you understand the principles, the writings seem obvious. The connections and patterns are like the sun in the sky on a clear day.

Or some such thing.

So it seems. (-:

Oh yea, I would love to talk about it witchu! You are quite an enjoyable person to banter the musings with.

I would love to know what you think, on your re-read. hehe, Im sure I can learn quite a few things. hahaha.

Peace.

Anything worth learning you already know. But it will be fun to play with this! If the thread is buried by then, I'll find it and bump it up when the time is right.

Seeya!

Rene- when you say Li Erh do you mean Lao Tzu or someone else? I think im a but confused....by thinking. hah!

Hmm..nothing left to be removed....Simplicity. I find perfection to be wholeism. I find nature mind shocking because of the decay and destruction.

I feel that life, in this "level", needs both to be what it is....

haha, 30 years ago and it was still to simple for ya. Oh well.

Lawd, if I already know what i want to know then why dont I sit my self down and have a nice ole talk?!

Oh, thats what meditation is.......'

Much opportunity for play in life,

Yep, when the time is right bump it on up if its dumped.

Peace!

Rene- when you say Li Erh do you mean Lao Tzu or someone else?

Yes, Laozi.

Hmm..nothing left to be removed....Simplicity. I find perfection to be wholeism. I find nature mind shocking because of the decay and destruction. I feel that life, in this "level", needs both to be what it is....

"Both" is exactly what it is, imo. Every action, and non-action, every moment of change - is one of equal creation and destruction. Such is the way. (-:

Enough off-topic chatter though...before BKA splits up this thread. She's been on a roll lately... lol.

Cheers!

Rene- OK, just making sure I was thinking of who you were talking about. Glad to know im not as lost as I might have been. Hah.

Im glad you feel the same...Both is so much more...just more. It feels natural. There is a freedom in going into both..I have found.

Equal creation and destruction...I will ponder that.

AH, yes. I will now talk only of Sun Tzu!!

Well, good for BKA! Rolling can be fun. Especially down hills....I did that recently. Still fun.

Cheers!

Sign in to follow this