Sign in to follow this  
grabmywrist4

The Tao of posting a new topic.

Hello. I am a hermit that spends most of his time meditating. I have big dreams that include, living in a cave, having no money, and hopefully not having any big dreams. I have recently become interested in Taoist sexual practice, and the microcosmic orbit meditation. Having heard of the dangers of the microcosmic orbit, I seek a skilled practitioner of this meditation that would be readily available for contact in case I go insane. If there are no microcosmic orbit masters here, then surely me going insane is with the Tao, and I will prepare for my journey to the mental hospital. Haha. Jokes. But anyways. The end.

Grabmywrist, that sounds vaguely Aikidoish. Welcome to the bums.

Unless you practice excessively or are very energy sensitive I think the MCO is pretty safe. Take it slow and steady, get in some time sitting in emptiness afterwards, balance it with walk outside and most people are fine. Its the beginner who does 2 hours or student who starts having there 'circuits' blown and decides to push through it that get in trouble. 20 minutes consecutively w/ close down is probably much better, then slowly work up.

As a practice tool, Minke De Vos has a guided meditation on MCO on her Tao Basics CD.

Yours

Michael

i would be more worried about damage you will most likely cause to your own body from "sexual practice" if i were you...

Sign in to follow this