Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

threaded view / flat view

Sean,

Seems to me that the default view for a forum ought to be "flat view" (it takes forever to load, otherwise).

And that the default view for a topic thread ought to be "threaded view" (as it makes it clear what responds to what).

Assuming others agree, Is it possible to implement that throughout the website?

Trunk

Sean,

Seems to me that the default view for a forum ought to be "flat view" (it takes forever to load, otherwise).

And that the default view for a topic thread ought to be "threaded view" (as it makes it clear what responds to what).

Assuming others agree, Is it possible to implement that throughout the website?

It's a great idea and I've really been meaning to make that mod. It's just too much of a server load (and not really that useful anyway) to have the forum-view in threaded mode. It's going to be a real hack though because "out of the box" the threaded-mod only gives you the option to either have it on or off. So I'm going to have to dive into the PHP on this one. It's definitely on the to-do list though unless someone violently disagrees for good reason. :)

I think it's a great new possibility, but I'd rather have that as another possible option. When I read the forum from my mobile 8) I need just the simple flat view, as it takes more time to connect, than to actually download the page.

Said that I was meaning to suggest the mod too.

Pietro

I think it's a great new possibility, but I'd rather have that as another possible option. When I read the forum from my mobile 8) I need just the simple flat view, as it takes more time to connect, than to actually download the page.

Ahhh... ok, that makes sense. I will try to make it another option then. Called "Hybrid Mode" or something. :)

Sean.

It's going to be a real hack though because "out of the box"..

:shock: A real project.

Sign in to follow this