BananaMonkey

Hey everybody and those out-of-body

Hey all,

this is a bit of an introduction of myself as a new member here. To start with some tangible info, I was born in Hamburg, Germany in 1988 and that's where I currently live as well. I've been studying Sinology at the University of Hamburg for almost four years and I spend half a year in Kunming, China as a part of my studies. Before that, I've been to China twice and spend about eight months there altogether. Currently I'm writing my BA thesis on a 13th century Zhuangzi commentary and eating a lot of bananas.

During the course of my studies I started to develop an interest in Daoist philosophy and practices after having been very keen on spirituality, meditation, healthy living etc. for quite a few years. I've been vegetarian for five and vegan for three years now and consume about 70% raw foods. For a few months I've been somewhat consistently practising Zen and doing Daoist breath work.

After finishing my studies in Hamburg I'll probably return to Asia for a few months and explore Taiwan and Japan, where I haven't been yet. I feel drawn to becoming an author since I enjoy writing and this seems to a lifestyle that can involve a lot of flexibility, freedom, opportunities for travel etc.

My motivation for joining this forum is obviously discussing Daoism and exchanging tips and info on practical things to do, learn, share etc. I expect this to be fun and am looking forward to connecting with kindred spirits!

Peace out!

BananaMonkey

• Like 2

I feel drawn to becoming an author since I enjoy writing and this seems to a lifestyle that can involve a lot of flexibility, freedom, opportunities for travel etc.

This is a passion that we both share, man. I also feel drawn to becoming an author, writing stories and feeling connected with the creative world.

Greetings, and welcome to the forum!

It is great you are going straight to the source! I am not a fan of Japan, but I loved Taiwan! I hope you have a wonderful time there and welcome to the Tao Bums!