Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Apathy: A Dis-ease

Complying and fighting are often just the two extremes of the same issue, so taking either stance just maintains the dynamic rather than destroying it, which is why the outward rebels usually arent really rebels they are just defining themselves against what they are rebelling against so both sides gains a more solid identity from the relationship. Take the middle way without either extreme and both polarities lose their power and identity.

• Like 1

someone give me a list of practices aimed at destroying apathy, i want to see if it is possible. Give me undeniable proof that good and evil exist and that i should want to fight against them instead of just waiting for the afterlife? i am not being sarcastic or challenging your beliefs, i honestly want to see if i can be convinced that i should change my ways.

In case you missed a point , is generally seen as a negative attitude associated with a lack of enthusiasm and interest in ones life. If you mean it as a sort of casual attitude towards your life it could indeed turn out to be a wise thing. In the negative form it arises from a lack of constructive feedback either positive or negative , social interactions are often very important for their feedback valu.Folks also often gain drive from organizations hobbies pets work and so forth. The things that have significace to you are the things that give you 'strokes'emotional currency.

Many negative experiences which are not yielding that constructive emotional currency depltes ones enthusiasm - yields to an apathy.

The positive form also can yield meaning and enthusiasm but inthat case it is not a deficiency of the feedback coming in it is a sufficiency of the currency one has. (but in normal usage there really no positive spin as it relates to callous disregard for others and self with depression and defeat)

Edited by Stosh

Sign in to follow this