Sign in to follow this  
tumoessence

constraining the given to evolve to a higher level

I think it was Yoda who brought up a scientific term to describe a situation where one thing that is constrained gives rise to a higher functioning. I think the example given was that of breath retention increasing the flow of chi and also the retention of ejacualtion gives rise to.......

I have been searching Tao bums for this particular term and I can't find it. Anyone remember?

Bill

"The Power of Limits" by Gozgi. A book about Proportional Harmonics and the limitness boundaries created by the golden mean. The Art of music and life. I notice Taoist method often involves such proportional approaches to training methodologies.

Spectrum

I notice Taoist method often involves such proportional approaches to training methodologies.

Spectrum

Can you expand on that Spectrum?

I've been meditating on reversal, which sounds similar, as discussed in Michael Saso's book "The Gold Pavilion". Reversal of Tao Te Ching 42, to be precise.

Reign in the 10,000 distractions to find the Three; Tame the Three to achieve the Two; Harmonize the Two to realize the One; And ride with the One to arrive at the Source (my current interpretation...).

Yeah Spectrum, I am interested in you'd expand on that and how thew more you conserve the more you gain...how can you best allow the "gold coins to be strung"?

in the Tao,

-Ryan McCoole-

Longevity arts are Accumulative. Less is More. In the right proportion practice produces maximum benifits w/ the least fatigue. If you go beyond your personal mean, you deplete more then you gain.

I'm not sure how "reversal" relates to this.

how can you best allow the "gold coins to be strung"?

Do your Work; Dharma.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Thanks Spectrum.

You advised me to simply invest myself wisely last week, and the coins will get strung. Good words...since then, I've been harnessing the fact that its not the end result or how far you go. It's if you can get there with the right mentality, effort, and openmindedness.

So less is more, but only if you put in the correct effort...balanced qi-gong practices, inner harmony and outer awareness?

Thanks again.

-Ryan McCoole-

Edited by Ryan McCoole

Reign in the 10,000 distractions to find the Three; Tame the Three to achieve the Two; Harmonize the Two to realize the One; And ride with the One to arrive at the Source (my current interpretation...).

Nice progression. Ride it!

So less is more, but only if you put in the correct effort...balanced qi-gong practices, inner harmony and outer awareness?

Sounds about right. Something like Release attachments. Avoid excesses. Cultivate natural harmonies.

Sign in to follow this