Sign in to follow this  
ChiForce

Meditation result (degree of mental clarity) during the cycle of day and night?

One thing I am slowly beginning to understand is that there seems to be a repetitive cycle of one's mental clarity during meditation between day and night. At my night meditation, after spending the whole day going about and with various thoughts and emotions, I would rarely experience the microcosmic orbit. Like last night, I was practicing the skeleton meditation as always. During the peak moment, I felt the chi circulating (warm heat sensation) in my body BUT my third eye didn't see lights. Yet, my awareness was heightened to the point that I felt my eyes were open and looking into the darkness of my room. However, in fact, my eyes were close and I was literally looking at the darkness like a piece of painting. It wasn't pitch black but sort of foggy in a way. According to Bill Bodri blog, my center channel has been open and I was actually looking into the end of the skandha of forms. After the peak moment, I decided to end my meditation which was over an hour. I went to bed.

Now, almost every night, I would wake up around 4 am. Last night was no exception. Usually, the most insightful, the most depth, the most wisdom dreams/visions happen around this time. Some of the visions I saw would just blow my mind away. Things that would make you to ask "impossible." Or is it? Usually, I would have problems getting back to sleep either because I am trying to sort out the meanings in my bed or the third eye is seeing the chi light circulating. After a while, I would fall back to sleep again and to wake up in about 2 hours later. During this time, my mind would continue to have dreams and visions relating to what I saw in my 4am visions and dreams. Sometimes, they are completely different.

So, now, like 7 or 8 am. I am fully up and decided to meditate. Here is the strange part. During the morning meditation, completing the microcosmic orbit is almost effortless. The chi light radiates brightly and brilliantly. Usually, after several minutes, the chi light would stop moving and become like a big blue/white pearl suspended in my third eye. Chakra sounds are vibrating strongly as well. The whole experience would last about 30 minutes.

This is my theory. Whatever I saw in my 4am dreams or visions, somehow, allows me to exhaust the skandha of forms. As a result, my morning meditation becomes very productive. However, during the whole day with various "negative" thoughts and emotions or just mind wandering and worrying, my mind is preoccupied again by forms. As a result, it takes a lot of the effort to complete the microcosmic orbit and to see the chi light with the third eye.

Now, almost every night, I would wake up around 4 am.

Strange. I experienced this starting a year ago. I wake up between 3am - 5 am once every single night.

Strange. I experienced this starting a year ago. I wake up between 3am - 5 am once every single night.

24 Hour Yin Yang Cycle

(12 PM corresponds to Utmost Yang, while 12AM corresponds to Utmost Yin)

yinyangday.gif

24-hour Organ Qi Cycle

Roll your cursor over the Organ names within the colour wheel to learn more about the emotions connected with each organ.

TCM_Qi_Cycle.gif

Hopefully, someone with a great degree of cultivation and meditation knowledge can enlighten us here. For me, I am more concern about the real meaning behind my 4am dreams and visions. They, somehow, clear my mind. We all know that we shouldn't dwell in dream forms.

Hopefully, someone with a great degree of cultivation and meditation knowledge can enlighten us here. For me, I am more concern about the real meaning behind my 4am dreams and visions. They, somehow, clear my mind. We all know that we shouldn't dwell in dream forms.

Lets hope so. Gerard knows a lot about correlations between hours and organs and the effects of this that we experience. Hopefully he will be along soon to explain.

This happens to me aswell, like clockwork. The energy is very vibrant at this time, i still need more development to get up outta bed and do a practice session consistently.

I think it also has something to do with the arising of Yang energy. This is definitely an ideal time to practice, and i guess as cultivators we get to the point where we are more in tune with the energy so naturally wake up at this time.

Sign in to follow this