Sign in to follow this  
nine tailed fox

taoist Circular Breathing

Hi

i have some questions regarding this practice

you are supposed to have no breaks in between your breath

i mean your breath should be without break, seamless

but you should also breath slowly and deeply

now whenever i try to do this, there is a tendency to breath faster to make breath seamless

so how are you supposed to breath slower and also seamless ?

and surprisingly there is no video available for this practice online

years of practice... the cleaner your meridians are and the smoother the flow of energy, the more sutil and fluid your breath becomes...

you should find some good breathing exercices to help you out, before the practice of circular breathing, like the ones exposed in Shou Yu Liangs book "Qigong Empowernment" or Hatha Yoga`s Nadi Shodhana.... be sure to practice them correctly other wise you can do serious damage to you Pranic or respiratory systems..

Hi

i have some questions regarding this practice

you are supposed to have no breaks in between your breath

i mean your breath should be without break, seamless

but you should also breath slowly and deeply

now whenever i try to do this, there is a tendency to breath faster to make breath seamless

so how are you supposed to breath slower and also seamless ?

and surprisingly there is no video available for this practice online

to do that you have to master the transitions between inhale and exhale,

as in,

find the correct physical motion.

how to begin an inhale is key -

dont need the sinuses and air passageways to facilitate movement of air, inefficient.

the fundamental 3 breath mechanisms - diaphragm, psoas, perineum, everything else is supporting fluff, eliminate usage of fluff and efficiency goes parabolic

descend diaphragm from its bottom rear attachment and continue that descent "to the dantien" for the duration of inhale

find the energetic culmination of the physical pieces and time them all together, since they have different duration and extent

coherence, harmony

over sessions extend duration of breath, if you do it too quickly you'll hit the body's feedback mechanisms.

someone asked about steps to effective embryonic breathing on ymaa the other day, I just wrote up something yesterday. eventually I'll have this all put together so I dont have to keep typing it :lol:

• Like 1

Is this form of circular breathing different from the technique that woodwind musicians use to play a long note?

it is - since when playing a wind instrument there is action that keeps the flow of air going strongly so as to keep up sufficient potential for the note to be sounded, the note sounded within oneself when two breaths become one is timeless, the arising potentials not manifested physically ;)

Sign in to follow this