Sign in to follow this  
alleswasderfallist

Passage Meditation

I discovered Eknath Easwaran through his translations of the Upanishads. Recently I began reading one of his originals, "Passage Meditation", and I really appreciate his clear style and knowledge from experience. He outlines a type of meditation he developed himself, called Passage Meditation. It's basically a method of developing awareness by getting really 'lost' in a spiritual passage of your choosing

I just started reading the book, and I plan to start this practice tomorrow. It really appeals to me because it's non dogmatic, non faith-based, yet a seemingly a good way to get in touch with one's natural mind. I've been feeling the lack of spiritual practice in my daily life, which I gave up a while ago to focus on Qigong for health. This seems like a nice way to get upper hand over the ego without all the visualizations and the like.

Does anyone do anything like this?

Not for a long while but I used to spend lots of time on the Shiva Sutras, the Pratyabhijnahrdayam, Spanda Karikas and similar texts, but also on the Ecstatic Poets, like Kabir, Lalita, Rumi or Hafiz...

It was a sure way to become unspeakably intoxicated with the divine :)

• Like 2

Eknath Easwaran...recently found out about him, and I'm super impressed. I've only read various quotes by him, and browsed the website. But really clear and good stuff.

http://www.easwaran.org/

EknathEaswaran.jpg

Edited by turtle shell
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this