Jax

Dzogchen

Hi all! I have seen my name pop up quite often lately regarding Dzogchen teachings. I would enjoy the opportunity to correct many of the comments regarding my relationship to the Dzogchen teachings and to clarify several points that are incorrect regarding Dzogchen practice and realization. There seems to be a clique of "Hinayana style Dzogchennist Taliban" panditas here that confuse conceptualization for rigpa wisdom or yeshe. One can't intellectualize one's way to rigpa. In spite of what many from this clique consider my view to be, this recent text I wrote contains the view that has been recognized here:

If perceptions are not "objectified" and the perceiving is not "subjectified", there is then only the "unestablished". When the "unestablished" arises one cannot frame it in any conceptual way or else it becomes the "established". The "established" is then something perceived and objectified. If something is perceived and objectified then for that to be possible the perceiving must have become subjectified.

Knowing this we find Nirvana is the condition of the "unestablished".

Further comment: In practice, this means we leave "appearances" as-is without creating a story that defines them in any conceptual way. Likewise we leave our "perceiving" undefined, not creating a story about a "me", the perceiver. Continuing in this completely open and undefined space of experience, how can each moment not be Nirvana? I think this formula shows the same point that Zen, Dzogchen, Mahamudra, Madhyamaka and the Buddha's earliest teachings point to...

Jackson Peterson. My background: http://mumonkan.org/resources/jackson.aspx

Edited by Jax

Are you planning on posting in the Buddhist section? What I would want to see is your narrative without; Tibetan clutural baggage, moral imperatives, and not repeating the Dzogchen or Buddhist terminology. Further, most of us live in the real world with careers, jobs, families etc. It appears to me that most of the teachings being transmitted are not for normal people but persons who have the time, finances and inclination to spend extensive amounts of time travelling to where ever a teaching is given. The teachings have rarely been grounded in real life scenarios.

There are many of us that feel that the gig of secret teachings, preliminaries and Lama hierarchies are over!

I have had most of the teachings given by Namkhai Norbu and a few others.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Wonderful to hear! I am at the last stage of publishing my first book on Amazon and Kindle called The Natural Bliss of Being. The whole point of the book is to present the teachings such as Dzogchen, Mahamudra And Zen in completely generic non-religious and and non-cultural style. The conservative traditions are dinasours in their final death throws. These teachings can be presented as generically as physics or piano lessons. The traditions in the West are so pervaded by corruption, power-playing and sexual abuses, that a fresh, new approach is evolving outside of the traditional lineages. For those of us that have received all the transmissions, practices and necessary results in order to teach successfully, we are moving forward in this effort to demystify and offer these amazing teachings to the largest audience possible. That means easy, cost-free access. There's lots of push-back from the culty conservative Taliban, but that's only to be expected. I hope I have allayed your important concerns...

It appears to be a very grounded approach in whatever one finds oneself without limitations. I know a lot of persons here in Santa Fe NM that have no life after taking and practicing these teachings. Some can barely hold a job or career, let alone support a family. That is not to say that the teachings are entirely at fault but not very useful in daily life. Or transmitted from Lamas that have no real real world experience or care to.

Maybe it is a problem with handling the vastness or spaciousness of Dzogchen that could cause consternation in some.

Great points! Most people create little fantasy worlds regarding the teachings and don't see ordinary life, all experience... is where the treasure is found... Its all equally precious, just as every thought, feeling or perception arises... What pleasure!

• Like 1

Hi!

The book should be out in a few weeks... Thanks for asking!