Sign in to follow this  
Meridian_Man

Qigong and it's effect

Chidragon trolls. How many times do I need to post it? Somebody search my posts.

*Actual question for OP and posters(not chidragon)Do you guys practice in chi kung groups/ in person classes? I wish there was one in Brandon Fl, I was thinking about making a drop by practice classes and posting fliers around town. My chi kung hasn't had that great of effects but it is just more fun with 2 or more people I find.

• Like 1

@Dawei: I like to think I'm a taoist. I'm trying very hard to grow but I will forever be unable to gauge where I am along the way. We will say that I'm on the taoist path. I have had some re-education along the way.

The bulk sum of my knowledge is from three sources; The Tao of Pooh, The Tao Te Ching, and the book of Chuang Tzu. I got the Tao of Pooh when I was a teenager and that sent me on my way. Recently I've really ramped up my spiritual growth. Unfortunately I have neglected this aspect of my life for some time.

Oh yeah. I also use the book of changes. I use that quite a bit actually.

@Mokona: I work in a class of about eight other students. I really count myself fortunate to have the instructor that I do. I think that is what makes the real difference. I'm realizing now how rare this is in the states.

I had an opportunity to leave my job and follow a friend out of state. After consulting the book of changes I relocated my family 250 miles away. Now that I'm here I found a qigong instructor who trained for three years under a Chinese master in a hermitage. He told me that he knows 25 forms of qigong. I hope that I can learn several of those before I have to relocate again.

I doubt I could get the same knowledge from a book or video.

Do you guys practice in chi kung groups/ in person classes? I wish there was one in Brandon Fl, I was thinking about making a drop by practice classes and posting fliers around town. My chi kung hasn't had that great of effects but it is just more fun with 2 or more people I find.

I started in groups and this approach has forever jaded my view of how to practice energy work... the sheer amount of energy you can feel, exchange, transfer, share in a group is hard to match. I think this truly jump started my energy. There were times when one felt like they were glowing.

I remember one practice set where about 12 of us were in a circle and we only used our minds to project energy to different others. This kind of practice quickly taught me the value of intention as opposed to all the focus often made on breath/breathing.

Recently I've really ramped up my spiritual growth. Unfortunately I have neglected this aspect of my life for some time.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:" -- ecclesiastes

I began qigong a week ago. I diligently perform my exercises every morning. Today as I was walking my colleague was having a difficult time keeping up with me. Indeed, throughout the day I began to get a feeling as though I was moving effortlessly. Almost as though I were a leaf carried on the wind.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a side effect of the particular method I am working or is this typical of all qigong methods?

Doing all of these movements feels like Everyone's Life Purpose. Everyone you ask, practicing Tai Chi or Qigong will tell you this, one way or the other.

Edited by 4bsolute

Sign in to follow this