ζž—ζ„›ε‰

Taiji Push Hand Vids

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share with you all 2 vids I have of my students and I playing around in my backyard in NY, before I returned to China. Having fun with Push Hands.

Β 

This was about a month ago.

Β 

I don't know how to embed, so here are the links: (NEWLY POSTED. REMOVED OLD LINKS)

Β 

Push Hands 1

Β 

Push Hands 2

Β 

ENJOY!

Β 

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 2

haha it should work, its on a Chinese website. hahaha I can open in inside China.

Β 

Oh, and youtube is blocked in China. hahaha

Β 

*** Too bad we can't upload videos to Taobums. hint hint

Edited by 林愛偉

** I like Qinna. Yet Qinna is too usual in push hands. **Its good for practicing fluidity and control, but Its not practical when a man is charging punches at speeds the mind can't fathom. So sticking, feeling, neutralizing, redirecting, receiving, issuing, rooting...these things come more into play, and if there is an opportunity for Qinna, so be it, but if not, oh well.

Β 

Internal and external martial arts are only a term coined for the intention of focus. Regardless of how something looks like, it is the way it is received and the quality of the force issued which determines muscular strength (meaning muscular force more so) than not.

Β 

Β 

** The way I practice push hands is a bit different from the usual mainstream manner. Its only another way of practicing, and appearances in movement don't always tell the whole story of whats going on.

Β 

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 1