Sign in to follow this  
Flolfolil

LDT Location?

i have tried super low belly, and now i am trying behind the belly button. But now when i store energy i am getting a ball of sexual feeling inside me lower than where i am storing. My question is should i store at this location? Where i am talking about is closer to the pelvic floor, but not those muscles themselves. When i focus there the intensity of the sexual feeling increases, and sometimes my penis starts to twitch and feel sexual till i pull my attention back to the spot it originates from. Is there a specific organ/gland for LDT? That would make finding exactly where to focus easier as i have a very pinpointed awareness. Or should i be focusing more on the general area? i feel like i am definitely doing something when i zone in on that small spot, i dunno if i should be doing it though

it is roughly about the culmination of the small intestine, ~ 2 inches below the navel, from front to back in proportion of 3 to 7, giving consideration to the spine. dont worry about storing qi if you're at a very early stage of the game, instead focus on the fundamentals of breathwork and cultivating deep profound stillness - that is going to integrate the energy you work with far more thoroughly than worrying about storing it there - it is a prerequisite, really. especially if you're doing kunlun stuff.

yeah i'm doing the mental part here, just wondering if the pleasurable spot i'm feeling is the target area. i place my attention in the general area and don't try to force anything, and the energy naturally goes there.

my mind automatically goes to Upper DT, so any focusing there is a no go for me. But i see your point. i feel like my physical practice brings me closer to appreciating my body as a whole rather than its parts. My over analyzing mind makes me want to understand everything though.

hey dude what happens when you say you "store" it there? Does it heat up ? Do you feel it spinning like I do? Thx.

Sometimes it gets warm, as of late it mostly just feels orgasmic in that one spot. i have experimented with spinning it with my mind, with interesting results. i go through the stage of it feeling sexual and then i go into a more quiet state and the sexual feeling goes away, and i cease to feel hyper energized. Afterwards i feel more weighed down to the ground, have more sensation in my feet and less mental chatter. i used to start hallucinating while storing energy, but now if i am hallucinating due to intense energy from a routine, storing brings me back down to earth. By hallucinating, i mean surfaces start to look a little wiggly not full blown seeing things, minor perception distortion.

If you focus too low you stimulate the second chakra rather than the LDT, hence the flood of sexual feelings.

The false dantien tends to be more at the front of the body, where the true is deeper in at the core of the body.

False dantien is useful at first, as the chi and warmth builds up easily there, but it takes some good focus and attention to move it strongly into the core.

To me I feel like chi is a kind of 'field' with no centre in me, outside of my current activity. ie thinking, feeling, sensing .. Whichever one is dominant at the time becomes the centre of the chi field. So its just jumping around, changing centres and slowly dissipating constantly.

But when I begins LDT work, it feels like I anchor the chi field or chi body to the LDT, which becomes a warm/hot little centre that is always there whether I am thinking or feeling or anything else, and so there is less dissipation of chi in general, and it becomes much easier to get much less distracted by thinking and other activities...

Not to mention that heat in the LDT is quite pleasurable, so it makes that meditation on stillness that Jo mentioned much easier to achieve.. :)

Sign in to follow this