Sign in to follow this  
hydrogen

A different way to kill ego?

This topic is intended for computer engineers and programmers who's familiar with OS, kernel, process/task, and scheduling.

I've been thinking how I died (ego-death) the second time a lot.

The buddhaism seems to advocate to take total control of your mind process, one-pointed, passive observor, then order the mind to stop. It sounds simple. I don't think I have the time,patience and discipline to get it to work.

In terms of my computer model, "I" is just an important process runing. The Buddhaism method is to train the kernel take control of the scheduling. Maybe it will create another kernel process and program that process to take control of the whole system step by step. Since nothing can be created in my theory, maybe it's a dormant process being activated.

Since the new process exist in the kernel space, it won't be bond by regular rule in the user space.

Everyone (including God) running the same operating system. And all the kernels are connected via the networks. The new kernel process can exist in different host other than the original host.

That's a good method. But can we force a system reboot by other means? Spawn too many processes? Creat dead lock? Use up the memory?

I think last time I tricked the system by convincing I was the most naive person, the cunningest person, the most stupid person, the most intelligent person, the most dedicated person, the most lazy person.... And I should treasure time because I should live every minutes as my last minutes and time is no issue because time was a creation of my mind.

After that, I lost the ability to make decision, I could decide if I wanted to go or stay, to look left or right, to breath or not, I get out of my room, then I go back, I put on clothes then take it off, I lifted my arm then put it down, I looked left then right, I breathed hard then short. At the end I was totally frozen while my body "vibrating" at fast speed, because I didn't know what to do. I was contradiction myself.

I think that state trigger the self protecting machenism of the OS. Effectively I killed my ego.

It may soud like a diary of lunatic. Maybe I was and I am.

Edited by hydrogen
  • Like 1

I think it is a very good analogy. In addition, a true guru can introduce new code into the system to help with the clean up.

:)

Sign in to follow this