I took Trunk's suggestion and thought I would start a thread on all things bagua.

What were u taught first in your bagua system? We were taught the eight mother palms in standing qigong, then moved that to a small circle. This teaches one to move energy about the body.

We also have a weight form, which is the animal postures only weighted. Sifu says he used ankle weights. I would think it important to not go too heavy. This is the yang side.

We are taught to apply it in everday life, for instance like Zerostao spoke of, SMILING! Keeping a positive attitude, using our emotions as a tool and not vice versa. We live in yang world.

That is why when on a circle we are soft as possible. Sifu says our aim is to be tough (get tough, for lack of better term) from the inside out.

I would be interested in other's bagua training in the beginning, I am still an infant, barely beyond a baguazhang embryo. lol

The first thing I was taught was walking and stepping - mud step, kou bu, and ba bu.

Drilling that over and over, up and back across the school, always paying attention to proper posture.

I worked on that for a few months before learning anything else.

• Like 1