GrandTrinity

If you could Remake Master Mantak Chia's videos

the truth that can be SOLD is not the eternal truth (lao tzu was good, but this is better)

the truth that can be SOLD is not the eternal truth (lao tzu was good, but this is better)

You can't sell if no one is buying.

What I am hearing here is that Mantak Chia has impacted a lot of people, helped them to discover Taoism, maybe helped set some ideas and practices in motion. I am hearing that some people have outgrown him as a teacher. Great! That is the best thing that can happen to a teacher, is for his students to outgrow him, that means he did his job.

I am also hearing that some still feel that they can benifit from his teachings especially, if the delivery was modified somewhat. Great! This way Chia's work can still find it's way into the hands of young martial artists with a curiosity for such things. And, years later, when those martial artists have become sage taobums and are ready to move on, they can.

On another note, Buddhism and Taoism are not the same thing, and many do not think they are particularly compatable.

Very interesting comments. I'm ignorant of any bases for complaint about Chia that are not founded in ego. But I know my experience. Based on it I agree with turbo that energy cultivation is not the same as spiritual cultivation. Also based on that experience I can report that it is true that energy cultivation, when taken to it's logical conclusion, leads to spiritual transcendance, within which tremendous spiritual cultivation, and yes, even spiritual evolution may be pursued.

Based on my experience and on other information, my working hypothesis on the subject of peoples' perceptions of Chia's value in the context of spiritual cultivation and evolution ("enlightenment") is that one perceives his (Chia's) value in direct proportion to one's willingness/ability/success to subjugate one's ego with one's energy cultivation.

Lose ego, find self.

What I am hearing here is that Mantak Chia has impacted a lot of people, helped them to discover Taoism, maybe helped set some ideas and practices in motion. I am hearing that some people have outgrown him as a teacher. Great! That is the best thing that can happen to a teacher, is for his students to outgrow him, that means he did his job.

I am also hearing that some still feel that they can benifit from his teachings especially, if the delivery was modified somewhat. Great! This way Chia's work can still find it's way into the hands of young martial artists with a curiosity for such things. And, years later, when those martial artists have become sage taobums and are ready to move on, they can.

On another note, Buddhism and Taoism are not the same thing, and many do not think they are particularly compatable.

THey are both to different schools, but can actually be worked together in the understanding that...

One school of cultivation works for the cultivation of energy, and form, as well as working in line with fate, and a perceived will of heaven with cultivation methods that reach the celestial levels, yet are still subject to birth and death and karma.

The other cultivates to end the cycle of birth and death as well as get out of the cycle of karma. Within that cultivation is the cultivation through wisdom and understanding, patience and compassion in cultivating to change mind, and if not successful in ending the cycle of birth and death, being reborn(in mind because that is all there is) in higher realms, heavens, celestial realms, etc... all to look to cultivate for Pure Complete Enlightenment.

They both can be worked together, but one "escapes" the cycles of birth and death, karma. Immortality doesn't necessarily mean one ihas "attained" complete enlightened, nor does it mean they are not subject to birth and death, karmic retribution.

The teachings of Daoism can lead one well into cultivation to high levels, and to work well in this realm. Each school of cultivation has a piece of the puzzle. Some pieces are more comlete than others in filling the puzzle, but others are complete for what they have.

Peace,