Sign in to follow this  
Tibetan_Ice

Root Lock for Ish

Hey guys, nice topic with some good info, thanks.

Tibetan_Ice, i saw you mentioned the root lock in one of your posts, can you say a bit more about it? Recently its become a part of my practice and ive found it quite powerful.

Thanks

Hi Ish,

I do not wish to derail Anamatva's thread so I decided to post a new thred.

If you have added the root lock to your practice, then surely you have a guru or at least several good books on it.

Could you please explain what your practice is and why you have added the root lock? Also, what are your sources?

The reason I ask all these questions is because I'm trying to get a better idea of what you are trying to accomplish, why you are trying to accomplish it and whether or not I have any info that might help you.

:)

TI

Hey TI,

This practice is simply sitting in half lotus. A while ago the energy built up and spontaneously the "root lock" engaged itself causing a strong pump of energy inside my body, i didnt even know what it was, it just happened. It had an immediate effect on refining my energy and mind presence.

Now what happens is after about 30-40 mins in half lotus I just gently pull in the genitals, perineum, sphincter muscles and below the tailbone. I just keep it like this for a short while then relax and sit for a bit before concluding the session.

The perineum pumps itself and i can feel the energy flow into the tailbone and body. There are supposed kundalini effects like the heat and lights in the internal vision. I dont try to make the energy go anywhere, mind is silent i just do the root lock.

Why do i do it?

First of all it is very energising and my body & mind feel clearer and stronger after. Secondly, before if i built up my energy, my sexual drive would increase and i would usually have a nocturnal emission after a week or so, but this practice has seemed to stop them completely.

Please tell me if you need more info, thanks again,

Ish

Hi Ish,

Are you trying to totally sublimate your sexual essence? Have you given up or finished with the desire to have children?

If I were you I would learn more about it because, what is going to happen is that the energy will grow, come up the spine and then blow your head off. Or, you will instantly combust. Or the energy will go up the wrong channel. Or, the energy will just drain out of your body when you aren't mindful.

Have you learned about the chin lock, kechari and sambhavi? What I learned is that I can cause the whole root lock by just focusing on the third eye, the spot about 1 inch back from the center of the brows. Then, the body performs the locks all by itself. However, I have heard that just sitting in full lotus (not half) will cause realization in some.

You need a guru to give you direction. You need to learn more about it. You also need to assess why you are doing the practice. There are some things that I don't know, for example, does continuing such a practice on a long term basis cause infertility?

I would recommend reading "Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati" and "Healing with Form, Energy and Light by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche". Also, "The Bliss of Inner Fire by Lama Yeshe" is a good book, but doesn't address exactly how to get enlightened by practising tummo.

Or not. My main objective is not to live in ecstasy, but to discover the true meaning of life by examining the mind. Perhaps you have different aspirations.

:)

TI

Sign in to follow this