林愛偉

Vehicle of mind

I didn't mean to imply that transcendence was escapist. Only that some may use the effort as such...

And sure Darebak to live is to be alive- not only to be thinking about being alive! Even if everything is mind , we have the capacity to FEEL and share... There IS - really there is a point to being here. Every moment has its' most important thing to experience, and share with each other. Life is nothing but a vast potential and we each make of it what we will... every moment is a new gift for me and I for one do not intend to waste any more of it by seeking beyond this joyous experience in search of some other state of being- I've done that for many many years and I do think I have reached a level of being that exists on a plateau of peaceful, meaningful and above all helpful- existance for me now...

Drugs, meditation, Kung Fu, sex, wine,SCUBA and being creative have each offered me some transcendance and sense of connecting to the One and All that is beyond the reach of any words we may contrive for it...If that ain't the point, then I couldn't care less! It is enough for me. If I had that connection all the time it would have no value to me. It would be as if death had come already. I like the roller-coaster of life! I don't let the downs get me stiffled and I don't let the highs get me too cocky- that is a starting place for wisdom to grow.

And after 40 years of studying Taoist thought - if I've missed the point of something of such great importance to you but of no importance to me- it could be the use of words getting in the way or a completly different idea of what is important.

And hey can one really masterbate/meditate as one and reach satori!? Sounds pretty anti-social to me...I KNOW making love with a soul-mate is often transcendant and spiritualy fullfilling too...But I've never experienced anything like that without the sharing.- In Annie Hall, Woody Allen said about masterbation-"Don't knock it! Its sex with someone I love..." So, I guess I was doing it wrong -cause alone was a pretty empty experience for me...It just goes to show ya many are the paths to enlightenment...But they each don't work for everyone..

Retaining one's jing can indeed enhance one's qi. But for some it just wouldn't be worth it...They would rather have the orgasms, trying to make girls pregnant. Is their life of less value than a realized grand-master who can do amazing stuff? Not inherently. But they have used their potentials very differently.

Who's to say what values are inherently better in whatever is important for each of us? At least here we each get to say so all the time. It ain't boring that way.

Namaste-

I didn't mean to imply that transcendence was escapist. Only that some may use the effort as such...

And sure Darebak to live is to be alive- not only to be thinking about being alive! Even if everything is mind , we have the capacity to FEEL and share... There IS - really there is a point to being here. Every moment has its' most important thing to experience, and share with each other. Life is nothing but a vast potential and we each make of it what we will... every moment is a new gift for me and I for one do not intend to waste any more of it by seeking beyond this joyous experience in search of some other state of being- I've done that for many many years and I do think I have reached a level of being that exists on a plateau of peaceful, meaningful and above all helpful- existance for me now...

Drugs, meditation, Kung Fu, sex, wine,SCUBA and being creative have each offered me some transcendance and sense of connecting to the One and All that is beyond the reach of any words we may contrive for it...If that ain't the point, then I couldn't care less! It is enough for me. If I had that connection all the time it would have no value to me. It would be as if death had come already. I like the roller-coaster of life! I don't let the downs get me stiffled and I don't let the highs get me too cocky- that is a starting place for wisdom to grow.

And after 40 years of studying Taoist thought - if I've missed the point of something of such great importance to you but of no importance to me- it could be the use of words getting in the way or a completly different idea of what is important.

And hey can one really masterbate/meditate as one and reach satori!? Sounds pretty anti-social to me...I KNOW making love with a soul-mate is often transcendant and spiritualy fullfilling too...But I've never experienced anything like that without the sharing.- In Annie Hall, Woody Allen said about masterbation-"Don't knock it! Its sex with someone I love..." So, I guess I was doing it wrong -cause alone was a pretty empty experience for me...It just goes to show ya many are the paths to enlightenment...But they each don't work for everyone..

Retaining one's jing can indeed enhance one's qi. But for some it just wouldn't be worth it...They would rather have the orgasms, trying to make girls pregnant. Is their life of less value than a realized grand-master who can do amazing stuff? Not inherently. But they have used their potentials very differently.

Who's to say what values are inherently better in whatever is important for each of us? At least here we each get to say so all the time. It ain't boring that way.

Namaste-

:)

The way that works to benefit you and others will be the best way for you...until it isn't...and then there is a change from it.

Peace,

The way that works to benefit you and others will be the best way for you...until it isn't...and then there is a change from it.

Peace,

Thanks for the reminder! I shall alite from my high-horse and kiss the sweet earth that remains the mother of us all!

Namaste- Pat

All of this becoming , and talk of living to suffer and living to live is still something to become. It is adding to what is, as is everything one deems real.

This 'what is' is very enigmatic. I suppose it's the source that impartially supports, without announcing itself, the limitless perceptons of beings (and more ...). As Dudjom Rinpoche wrote:

No words can describe it

No example can point to it

Samsara does not make it worse

Nirvana does not make it better

It has never been born

It has never ceased

It has never been liberated

It has never been deluded

It has never existed

It has never been nonexistent

It has no limits at all

It does not fall into any kind of category

It is said the world is suffering because beings hopelessly believe in a being, a personality , ego and a life. That means everything you see is taken as real, and if not real an illusion, which also says there must be something else that is real. Therefore the mind is still discriminating and thus stuck in relativity.

Very clear summary - nice one!

Probably just words getting in the way :)

And hey can one really masterbate/meditate as one and reach satori!? Sounds pretty anti-social to me...

It does sound absolutely outrageous doesn't it? :lol: I was being a bit facetious - sorry. Personally for sanity's sake I keep the bedroom department strictly separate from formal spiritual practice. Aroused energy in single cultivation can be accompanied by all sorts of fantasy. Unaroused energy and mixing kidney and heart energy is another matter.

I thought this was fantastically funny and as wise any thing I've read.

Thanks! I put it down to drinking that strong mug of tea.