kaaazuo

New Bum

Hello, please to meet you all. My name is Kazuo Okada. I cannot use Kazuo because that name is taken so I am Kaaazuo.

I am 28 and live in Singapore at the moment. I am taking some time off from work and travelling around in Asia. My country is Japan. I like to discuss with you all. My best wishes to everyone.

Youkoso.

What part of Japan are you from? I visited in 1996 and plan on going back next year.

And what part of the universe do you come from? Gee man, I am just a persona created for a conversation.

You are an Immortal and I am a Jap. This doesn't mean we can't talk seriously about stuff.

I like to learn about writing screenplays. So, what kind of films are you making?

And what part of the universe do you come from? Gee man, I am just a persona created for a conversation.

You are an Immortal and I am a Jap. This doesn't mean we can't talk seriously about stuff.

I like to learn about writing screenplays. So, what kind of films are you making?

Lol. I'm from the United States. Do you live in Tokyo?

Right now I am working on an Action/Sci-Fi film. If you would like to learn about screenplays the best book I can recommend is called 'Save the Cat' http://tinyurl.com/9k5qomf

Lol. I'm from the United States. Do you live in Tokyo?

Right now I am working on an Action/Sci-Fi film. If you would like to learn about screenplays the best book I can recommend is called 'Save the Cat' http://tinyurl.com/9k5qomf

I am glad you have a sense of humor. I suppose being in the filmaking trade attunes you to acting and the inhabiting of a character of the story. What do you think of Clint Eastwood's coming on simultaneously in two roles - one, as a speaker of a poltical convention and, the other, as a party to a conversation with Obama?

Thanks for the link. Action scifi makes me think of TRON. Who writes the screenplays for your movies? Can you give me a break and let me work with you on your next movie? Even a short, creative 60-second skit for an ad could make a lot of money.

I don't live in Tokyo on a permanent basis but go there once or twice a year for short stays from a couple of weeks to a month max. I will be going again next month on the way to the States.

I hope we are not in anybody's way chatting here in the lobby.

Clint has always been involved in politics. Awhile back he was the Mayor of a little town called Carmel in northern California. To be honest, I think it was natural for him to speak openly at that convention and with Obama.

TRON was okay. I'd like to think of The Matrix instead. : )

I write myself, but nothing I've written so far has been made into a movie. Hopefully that will change in the near future though. If screenwriting is your passion, I highly suggest reading that book and I know this may sound obvious but start writing! Lol.

So you're Japanese but don't live in Japan full-time? What kind of work do you do? Also, if I may ask, what brought you to this site?

Edited by Celestial

Clint has always been involved in politics. Awhile back he was the Mayor of a little town called Carmel in northern California. To be honest, I think it was natural for him to speak openly at that convention and with Obama.

Clint's movies - the ones that defined him both as an actor and a story-teller - has that no bullshit, true-to-life quality. So, it was natural for him to be honest about the things he had to say and the way he said it. I suppose you can be honest too in making a Sci-Fi thriller.

TRON was okay. I'd like to think of The Matrix instead. : )

What's the difference? Basically, they are both action thrillers in the Sc-Fi genre.

I write myself, but nothing I've written so far has been made into a movie. Hopefully that will change in the near future though. If screenwriting is your passion, I highly suggest reading that book and I know this may sound obvious but start writing! Lol.

I have made a request for that book at the library. There's a hold on that book. Looks like it's popular and there are other screen-writer wannabes in my neck of the woods.

So you're Japanese but don't live in Japan full-time? What kind of work do you do? Also, if I may ask, what brought you to this site?

I'm no more a Japanese than you are an Immortal. I don't do anything. I guess I'm kind of a bum with no regular job. As a matter of fact, I never had a regular job. I live off an inheritance like that Hugh Grant character in the movie "About A Boy".

If I had my way, I wouldn't even have gone to school let alone slogged my way through college.

What brought me to this site? I hate to say it but I'm a loser and that's why I gravitated here. In the real world, people are too busy working and trying to get ahead. I keep telling myself that they are all going nowhere. The problem is, I'm going nowhere either.

Clint's movies - the ones that defined him both as an actor and a story-teller - has that no bullshit, true-to-life quality. So, it was natural for him to be honest about the things he had to say and the way he said it. I suppose you can be honest too in making a Sci-Fi thriller.

What's the difference? Basically, they are both action thrillers in the Sc-Fi genre.

I have made a request for that book at the library. There's a hold on that book. Looks like it's popular and there are other screen-writer wannabes in my neck of the woods.

I'm no more a Japanese than you are an Immortal. I don't do anything. I guess I'm kind of a bum with no regular job. As a matter of fact, I never had a regular job. I live off an inheritance like that Hugh Grant character in the movie "About A Boy".

If I had my way, I wouldn't even have gone to school let alone slogged my way through college.

What brought me to this site? I hate to say it but I'm a loser and that's why I gravitated here. In the real world, people are too busy working and trying to get ahead. I keep telling myself that they are all going nowhere. The problem is, I'm going nowhere either.

You sound like an interesting character. You should write a movie about yourself and your travels across Asia. Lol. ;)

Edited by Celestial

You sound like an interesting character. You should write a movie about yourself and your travels across Asia. Lol. ;)

I am not sure about the interesting part. I have the usual ups and downs but generally I feel locked in a prison and trying to get out to a better plot as a better character. I would like to play a modern Genghis Khan or a better version of Hitler minus the gory stuff. The character closest to this in real life is Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore. I would really like to play him but running a bigger nation like the US and putting things in order there and moving on to deal with Putin, the Chinese, and rooting out the bad guys and regimes oppressing people all over the planet.

Don't you think doing this for real would be far more exciting than making a Sci-Fi thriller? But everyone would consider making the movie of the transformation of this hell hole of a planet into a better world would be awesome but doing it for real would be nuts. This is another reason why I came to this site. It's safer to be a loser fantasizing in virtual reality than risking one's life to make dreams happen in real life.

This is another reason why I came to this site. It's safer to be a loser fantasizing in virtual reality than risking one's life to make dreams happen in real life.

I don't think we're all losers fantasizing in virtual reality. This site has a lot of great insight to offer. If it is your "true" dream to root out the bad guys and regimes then go for it. I know a great tailor who can make a stunning costume for you, cape and all! :P

I don't think we're all losers fantasizing in virtual reality. This site has a lot of great insight to offer.

Insight into what? Are you fuzzy about something that folks here can help you figure out?

You don't strike me as a guy who needs a hand from anyone on anything.

If it is your "true" dream to root out the bad guys and regimes then go for it. I know a great tailor who can make a stunning costume for you, cape and all! :P

Do you know the tailor who made Obama's costume? He's really good. The tailor, I mean. It's a pity it didn't come with superpowers like Iron Man's costume.

I don't need a costume. Like I said, I'm just a dreamer which is another name for a loser. My mom once told me never to lose sight of the fact that I'm a loser as long as I don't realize my dreams. Insights don't count but dreams do. She said that if I ever stop feeling like a loser without achieving my dreams, then I have become a dropout.

Hey Celestial, isn't a dropout a kind of a bum? You getting any insights here?

Insight to whatever you want to learn or have a better understanding of something. But what you're going through most likely cannot be found on a forum like this one.

Yes, a dreamer is another name for a loser but only if you don't act upon those dreams. So, your mother is right in a sense. In the US we don't use the term dropout for bum, a dropout is someone who doesn't finish school. A bum is someone you either see on a street corner begging for money or a friend who lives on your couch for free. The difference is, one has a home; the other doesn't.

My advice is to enjoy life and stop worrying about labels or what you've done or haven't done. If what you haven't done is eating at your soul, then stop posting here and go do what NEEDS to be done. Talking about it won't change anything.

Insight to whatever you want to learn or have a better understanding of something. But what you're going through most likely cannot be found on a forum like this one.

What I'm going through is coming to terms with being a loser and this forum feels just perfect for erasing self-doubts, guilt and a sense of worthlessness. This is a place - where insights are important and dreams are not - feels like home. I want to be like you guys. I want to have a better understanding of why it is not only ok to have no ambitious dreams but admirable to do nothing and everything is done.

Yes, a dreamer is another name for a loser but only if you don't act upon those dreams. So, your mother is right in a sense. In the US we don't use the term dropout for bum, a dropout is someone who doesn't finish school. A bum is someone you either see on a street corner begging for money or a friend who lives on your couch for free. The difference is, one has a home; the other doesn't.

You are splitting hairs. I had a home. My mom never threw me out and yet my dad called me a bum. He never liked me getting into spiritual stuff instead of finance and engineering. "Do something useful with your goddam life!" he would say. My mom would pull me aside and say, "It's ok, son. The important thing is to succeed in whatever you want to do. Just don't be a loser."

Also, you can be a dropout in anything and not just school. My uncle was referred to as a dropout when he quit his teaching job at MIT and went to India to be a monk. A dropout is anybody who gives up a conventionally productive life. I guess I am not just a loser but a dropout as well. Conventionally speaking, that is.

My advice is to enjoy life and stop worrying about labels or what you've done or haven't done. If what you haven't done is eating at your soul, then stop posting here and go do what NEEDS to be done. Talking about it won't change anything.

This is where you come in to help me gain those insights and stop worrying about labels. I need to develop a new mind-set, remove the goal posts of conventional life. Drown out my dad's voice that is still ringing in my head. I need to reset my conscience and this is the place to do it.

Take you for example. Never in a million years would my dad see himself as an immortal. He just doesn't have the imagination to go that far. Immortality is mind-blowing. I hope you are not just using the name for theatrical effect being a filmaking sci-fi buff and all that. I really think Jesus wasn't kidding when he talked about eternal life.

Achieving immortality is no easy task. It requires years upon years of dedication and practice. The first thing to realize is that your body is not immortal and never will be. Sure, it's possible to live past a hundred years old but eventually we all die - or rather - transition from a physical being to a purely spiritual one.

Achieving immortality is no easy task. It requires years upon years of dedication and practice. The first thing to realize is that your body is not immortal and never will be. Sure, it's possible to live past a hundred years old but eventually we all die - or rather - transition from a physical being to a purely spiritual one.

Wait a minute. I'm losing you here. What do you mean by a physical being vs a spiritual being?

I always thought that there is a divide between me - the spiritual being - and the physical body that I inhabit.

It is as though a timeless me is tied to a dying corporeal organism the way a living ox is yoked to a dead cart.

And the key to eternal life is finding a way to instantaneously break the link and die to the body before the body dies.

You are saying something fundamentally different. You are talking about my transition from a physical entity to

a spiritual one. It's like the metamorphorsis of a caterpilar into a butterfly. Is that right?

You missed the key word, "purely"

We are currently a spiritual being having a human experience, but when we die we transition back into a PURE spiritual being. Does that make sense?

To further cook your noodle, we don't ever really die. That's the real trick. There is no explanation for this either, it has to be experienced through meditation or just self-realization. Why do you think no master ever holds your hand? There are things that must be experienced and cannot be explained or taught.

That's the way of life. That is part of the mystery.

Edited by Celestial

Well anyone expecting physical immortality on this side of life is in for a bit of a surprise sooner or later.

This old corporeal overcoat has to be put into the wardrobe at some stage, but what wears it carries on regardless; as ever.

That said, as spiritual beings; we are of course; immortal.

Well anyone expecting physical immortality on this side of life is in for a bit of a surprise sooner or later.

This old corporeal overcoat has to be put into the wardrobe at some stage, but what wears it carries on regardless; as ever.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Exactly? So, we are not physical beings then?

I thought you said we were and that there is a transition from the physical state to the spiritual.

As spiritual beings, the wearers of corporeal overcoats, we are immortal?

The guillotine was designed to make death swift and rip the corporeal overcoat off the spiritual being.

However, observers at the scaffold noted the heads in the basket grimacing and active after the blade has fallen.

The basket had to be changed every three months due to the victims biting desperately at its straw.

Are you sure spirituality is not an escapist idea?

You missed the key word, "purely"

We are currently a spiritual being having a human experience, but when we die we transition back into a PURE spiritual being. Does that make sense?

To further cook your noodle, we don't ever really die. That's the real trick. There is no explanation for this either, it has to be experienced through meditation or just self-realization. Why do you think no master ever holds your hand? There are things that must be experienced and cannot be explained or taught.

That's the way of life. That is part of the mystery.

Let's stick with the human experience. What happens after that is pure speculation.

Thus far, no spiritual beings have come before us to attest the veracity of your theory.

So, what is your human experience like?

Thus far, no spiritual beings have come before us to attest the veracity of your theory.

Yes they have. Not to me personally, though. And no, it wasn't Casper the Friendly Ghost. :P

Edited by Celestial

Yes they have. Not to me personally, though. And no, it wasn't Casper the Friendly Ghost. :P

Was it Sun Wukong? Are you referring to Taoist Shamans and their Masters?