kundakiss

Hello Everyone!

Hello, my name is Eugene.

I have begun my spiritual lifestyle in a conscious manner approximately 3 years ago. I started with Zen meditation, proceeded to Mantak Chia's techniques, other Daoist teachings, then started experimenting on my own. Finally, I have developed my own practices which strongly resemble a system known as Kriya Yoga. Two months ago I started learning Taijiquan on my own, and my meditation experience surely helped in my progress. I believe in the Daoist mentality vs. Shaolin. "Start from internal, then move to external." In the past 3 years, I think I've accumulated roughly around 4000hrs of meditation. Last year, sometimes it was 6 hours a day. I only mention this, cause I only recently calculated it, and thought it was a fun fact.

Most teachings would tell you that quick progress often starts due to extreme inner turmoil and chaos in one's life, creating ripe conditions for higher understanding. I hit a low bottom in 2009, and I thank life for it (only in retrospect :P). Since then I have been blessed with numerous guides to help me. Some to kill my Ego, others to create a point of reference of True Self.

My advice to anyone would be:

* Trust your own body and spirit, it serves as the best guide.

* Don't reprimand yourself for your errors, present or past. Learn to let go.

* Contemplate A LOT, to extract meaning by combining what you've learned from books with personal experience.

* Help and give to others. Service plays a huge role in spiritual evolution.

* Finally, if wisdom is yet to be found, imitate those who you revere. "I'm bothered by these negative thoughts. What would Master do? He will not bother. So I will not bother." Period. Just do it. Don't get stuck in the place of reasoning, just because you doubt your own potential. Don't doubt. Just do it =)

* Be thankful for obstacles, they guide you, and keep you from stagnating in your growth process.

* Don't take anything too seriously. Especially your practices. Play around with them. Tweak everything if you feel like it. The more light-hearted and playful your attitude, the quicker the progress.

My thoughts on techniques:

* Concentration is vital for successful meditation. Train this first.

* Microcosmic orbit HAS to be opened to pull consciousness out of your Ego.

* Sexual energy is probably the biggest key. Practice Big Draw. Etc. Experiment. For the first 3 months however AFTER successful Microcosmic Orbit and Big Draw, try to restrain from ejaculating.

* Prayer is useful to a certain point in your progress.

* Bhakti Yoga is extremely powerful as well. Contemplate on Love. Feel Love. Be Love. Learn to love to love (appreciate, accept). It will purify you.

** VISUALIZE. The spirit conceives. The mind creates. The body experiences. Visualize your greatest image of yourself in life and in meditation(ex: Pure emptiness, light, pure love, etc), then tell your body to feel it. Literally. Meditation (Dhyana, absorption) starts from here.

* Powers, abilities, resulting from higher consciousness will only bind you. Forget them. They pale in comparison to the final goal of your spiritual evolution.

Peace to you Tao Bums :)

Eugene

Edited by oodjee

Your name is Eugene THAT MEANS THE PROPHECY IS COMPLETE!!!

Edited by Sinfest

Your name is Eugene THAT MEANS THE PROPHECY IS COMPLETE!!!

Hehe, could you please explain what you mean by that "prophecy" meaning? Where does it mean that? Is it from "Hey Arnold"? Yeah, when I tell people my name is Eugene, they usually make a "Hey, Arnold" reference :P. My real name is Yevgeniy or Evgeniy though. My parents are Russian. 'Eugene' is the English version.

PS. Nice avatar. I love Avatar. =)

Edited by oodjee