Jetsun

In Taoism what reconciles yin and yang?

It makes sense that consciousness itself could be the force which unites yin and yang as it is possible to have both yin and yang forces in your awareness at the same time which can prevent one from dominating your awareness, I know that they are both only exist in relationship with one another but in your own conscious awareness without some sort of training usually one dominates over the other and claims your awareness. I am trying to work out how the lower Dan Tian relates to this.

I don't do any Tai Ji myself but I do self awareness and observation exercises and I have discovered that the left side of my body feels more emotional and fluid and the right stronger or more assertive, yet there doesn't seem to be much harmonisation between the two sides of my body and sometimes it even feels like they are at war with each other, so I do think harmonisation is needed and it is something which is described in European Alchemy quite a lot as a necessary stage in development, you unite the sun and moon or king and queen to create an inner hermaphrodite.

dawei is right about consciousness and te being the key factor. The lower dt relates to this as your gut brain. Part of alchemical training is getting out of your head brain and down to your gut brain. ie Sink being the continuous imperative.. sink your consciousness into your ldt.

I'm also very aware of the two different energies in the two sides of my body and how much the yang tries to dominate the yin.. I think this is behind the Donna Eden exercise of drawing the figure 8 across your centre line daily as an energy balancer. And if I remember correctly M. Winns form "Gods Play in the Cauldron of Original Chi ' targets this issue very specifically, of balancing the two sides. All forms include it of course. The figure 8 drawing is a distillation of it.

Yes, the third force in the marriage is primordial.