Aaron

The Way of War

"Rallying for Peace, is War"

Great Video. I criticize Isha for his lavish lifestyle, but at some point the guy learned what needed to be learned. I thought his explanation about "holy wars" was great. Thanks for the post.

You really like that "rallying for peace, is War" quote, don't you. Anyways nice to see you're still around. I might not agree with everything you say, but it's good to have a different opinion now and then, to prevent things from stagnating.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

I give you Sweden as an example. According to the last estimates between 46 and 85% do not believe in God and less than 2% actually attend regular church services (5% of the Muslims attend regular services). They have a very peaceful culture, one of the highest quality of life indexes and are also well known for their peaceful way of life. They remained neutral in both World War I and II as well, in fact they haven't been at war in nearly 200 years. They have a very low crime rate as well. I don't see them marching off to war anytime soon, so I guess they'd be an excellent example.

Aaron

Yay, someones mentions my country!

Just some comments: When WW1 and WW2 was going on, Sweden was a christian nation. Nearly everyone at that time was christian. Also, we have at the moment troops positioned in Afghanistan, and if I remember correctly, we sent planes to combat in Libya, so I think it's wrong to say Sweden hasn't been in war for 200 years.

And crime is more or less on the rise. Sure, compared to Rio de Janeiro it's quite peaceful, but it's no Shangri La. Actually far from it.

Yay, someones mentions my country!

Just some comments: When WW1 and WW2 was going on, Sweden was a christian nation. Nearly everyone at that time was christian. Also, we have at the moment troops positioned in Afghanistan, and if I remember correctly, we sent planes to combat in Libya, so I think it's wrong to say Sweden hasn't been in war for 200 years.

And crime is more or less on the rise. Sure, compared to Rio de Janeiro it's quite peaceful, but it's no Shangri La. Actually far from it.

Come live in even a small town in America and I'm sure you'll appreciate Sweden more. Still your track record is pretty good compared to most. Also I just got done watching "The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo"... you just don't get tv shows that good here either.

Aaron

Come live in even a small town in America and I'm sure you'll appreciate Sweden more. Still your track record is pretty good compared to most. Also I just got done watching "The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo"... you just don't get tv shows that good here either.

Aaron

Well I think you got some pretty good tv shows (Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, Hell on Wheels.)

But on the topic of war: I think it's more or less human nature, and that the best we can do is fight it as honourable as we can (no civilian kills, no looting etc) as to minimize the damage.

If monks and religious people are marching off to war it means that they didn't have authentic teachings to begin with which should lead to real growth in their being, if they had authentic teachings it would free then from their internal authorities and tyrants so they would no longer by hypnotized and submissive to external authorities, so they couldn't be manipulated to go against their nature.

If monks and religious people are marching off to war it means that they didn't have authentic teachings to begin with which should lead to real growth in their being, if they had authentic teachings it would free then from their internal authorities and tyrants so they would no longer by hypnotized and submissive to external authorities, so they couldn't be manipulated to go against their nature.

I think this is another cop out, the fact is people say "authentic" to remove blame from the religion and institution itself. The religion/god/philosophy/practice/etc. is perfect, but the people imperfect, so don't blame the religion, blame the person. If the highest authorities, the supposedly "enlightened" leaders support it and the monks follow that support, how can we not blame the institution? This has already been mentioned, I'm just reiterating it in response to this post.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Well I think you got some pretty good tv shows (Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, Hell on Wheels.)

But on the topic of war: I think it's more or less human nature, and that the best we can do is fight it as honourable as we can (no civilian kills, no looting etc) as to minimize the damage.

Hmm... I don't care for any of those shows. This is the grass is greener complex it seems. Of course we do have gorgeous weather in Florida, that's one thing that's nice about here.

Aaron

I think this is another cop out, the fact is people say "authentic" to remove blame from the religion and institution itself. The religion/god/philosophy/practice/etc. is perfect, but the people imperfect, so don't blame the religion, blame the person. If the highest authorities, the supposedly "enlightened" leaders support it and the monks follow that support, how can we not blame the institution? This has already been mentioned, I'm just reiterating it in response to this post.

Aaron

I think most religious teachings have become corrupted so almost all of them became tools of control and power rather than tools of freedom, so most do the exact opposite of what they were aimed to do they enslave people instead of setting them free. People teaching the real deal authentic teaching are very rare and usually operate in secret because throughout history they have been persecuted. But in the modern world religion isn't the main tool of warmongers any more, it is the media and propaganda.

I think most religious teachings have become corrupted so almost all of them became tools of control and power rather than tools of freedom, so most do the exact opposite of what they were aimed to do they enslave people instead of setting them free. People teaching the real deal authentic teaching are very rare and usually operate in secret because throughout history they have been persecuted. But in the modern world religion isn't the main tool of warmongers any more, it is the media and propaganda.

You may be right, my only point was that it's important to be aware of the complicity so that this can be avoided.

Aaron