Really good movie/cinematic poem about the Sufi way, one of those films that sends chills down my spine and open up my being. Although I am sure some may find it terrible boring. :lol:

Bab Aziz a prince who conteplated his soul

here is the trailer

and here is the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xGWprIVwUU

It is a part of triology appereantly, I am yet to see the rest of the parts.

Just as a side note it is interesting to note that I took 2 months off and am planing on cycling through the Europe/wild camping at the end of the month and get to Marocco (depending on how life goes and if I make it on time and manage not to get lost) for the Sufi gathering with a lot of music that I like . So just tried googeling some stuff about Sufisam in Spain and Marocco and found this amazing film about various different people going for a Sufi gathereing and trying to find it!

What a message.

Edited by suninmyeyes

Thank you for heads up on this movie.

It is available via Netflix. so just added Bab Aziz and the other movie by the same director(Nacer Khemir) Wanderers of the Desert.

good luck on your travels. please take lots of pictures of the wandering sufi's and share them here. :) all the best.

Just finished watching this on youtube :D. Thanks for the link! Being iranian and able to speak farsi, this sort of brought me back to my ancesters days. Tears snuck there way out at some scenes, one to add on to my favourite movies list. THANKS AGAIN :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a bunch for the links suninmyeyes, greatly appreciated! Enjoy your travels!

EDIT: Just finished watching and really enjoyed the movie. A quote from the end if I may...

"If the baby in the darkness of its mother's womb were told: "Outside there's a wonderful world of light, with high mountains, great seas, undulating plains, beautiful gardens in blossom, brooks, a sky full of stars and a blazing sun...And you facing all these marvels, stay enclosed in darkness..." The unborn child, knowing nothing about these marvels, wouldn't believe any of it. Like us when we are facing death. That's why were afraid."

Edited by don_vedo