Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Breath and intelligence

This article touches on making us smarter and a bit better in shape. On an earlier thread someone asked about the Bodri's 9 bottle breathing, where you hold your breath repeatedly for long periods. Chia also went through a period of empty force breathing where you are without breath for as long as you can stand.

Wengler's technique of swimming under water has a more scientific bend. He also claims after 2 or 3 weeks or training, 2 1/2 minutes should be the norm!? For swimming under water repeatedly for one hour a day, for 3 weeks you get- 10 more IQ points, better overall brain function and concentration and 1 or 2 more inch increase in your chest.

There is also a link to the image streaming technique. I got his book, and I never did manage to image stream unfortunately. What do you guys think about Wengler and his techniques?

Here's the link: http://www.winwenger.com/ebooks/guaran3.htm

Michael

I was thumbing through boxer Kostya Tszyu's fitness book the other day and he recommends holding

the breath to strengthen the lungs and lower the resting heart rate. He says inhale through the nose

into the abdomen, then fully exhale all your air out through your mouth and image you are trying

to touch your belly buttom to your spine, from there you relax for as long as you can.

He says work up to a count of 80 seconds or more, its a great way to relax your body and really get your resting heartrate lower, Kostya Tszyu has had his down to 27 beats per second.

Daniel

Hi Danc

I think that is close to empty force breathing that Mantak Chia was teaching a few years ago. Can someone refresh us about bodri's 9 bottle breathing. That also had you breathing out and holding, didn't it?

Michael

Sign in to follow this