Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

The Characteristics of the Sage

I have no opinion on transmuting sexual energy, my opinion is in regards to abstinence, which again and again we find is harmful to a person's physical, emotional, and spiritual well being. As Jetsun pointed out, there is a big difference between saying, I'm going to take a few weeks/months and be abstinent in order to cultivate my jing, and saying, sex is harmful and I need to abstain because every time I ejaculate I die a little bit. Well I'll tell you what, at least I'll have a good time before I die.

This whole idea that sex is bad or a spiritually negative experience is founded upon the notion of guilt. One should not feel guilty about sex, especially masturbation, it's the most natural thing a person can do. If we weren't meant to masturbate, I think our body would've evolved some kind of defense against it, but it hasn't, instead it seems like it's one of the universal experiences that links everyone together, think about it, at least 95% of all men (according to the last statistics I've read) have masturbated. Those cultures that masturbate less, tend to have a much greater incident of nocturnal emissions, which tends to lead one to believe that regular releases of sexual fluids and the accompanying pleasure involved is not only healthy, but something the body needs.

Again this denouncement of the sexual act and the subsequent delusional attempts to make it appear to be harmful, either spiritually (it makes Jesus cry), physically (you'll get hair on your palms), or emotionally (it causes you to have difficulty in forming relationships with girls), is all bunk. Yes overdoing it can cause harm, but if you're overdoing it, then you most likely have some kind of sexual hangup causing you to overdo it and addressing that is much more healthy than total abstinence (which in most cases will only exacerbate the problem).

So, the sage masturbates and has sex, and you know what, he has no guilt about doing it.

Aaron

Well the quote you replied to of Dorian Black's, i believe he was stating that a taoist sage transmutes his sexual energy so he does not waste his ejaculatory fluids and helps him grow spiritually.

So it doesn't mean he feels guilty for masturbating, its that he wants to use it to better himself which, obviously, are not the same like you have already stated.

• Like 2

Well the quote you replied to of Dorian Black's, i believe he was stating that a taoist sage transmutes his sexual energy so he does not waste his ejaculatory fluids and helps him grow spiritually.

So it doesn't mean he feels guilty for masturbating, its that he wants to use it to better himself which, obviously, are not the same like you have already stated.

Well I would go so far as to state that I don't think retaining sexual fluids helps to retain spiritual (chi/qi) energy. From what I understand, the actual practice of semen retention is one of the highest forms of qigong and most (good/knowledgeable) teachers frown upon students practicing it, because it can actually do much more harm than good (kidney infection/bladder infection/urinary tract infection/etc.), which leads me to believe that we have, either a large number of grandmasters of Qigong on this board, or a lot of people who are jumping the gun (or maybe trying to shoot blanks) that are attempting to practice forms that are well beyond their understanding yet. Just my two cents... now back to the characteristics of the sage.

Of course if you enjoy retaining jing more than having sex, then go for it, but I've yet to see any evidence that retention actually does any more good then just meditating for awhile each day.

Aaron

Looks like another point of understanding how sages work is understanding if they do the same type of sexual energy retention we do as a way of getting more power

I think this is done but sexual energy is known as one of the most basic, but important, energies so I think there is some of that and there must be a way of getting some powerful energy somehow

I've heard some people try not to blink to get more water type chi

a very interesting guideline is found at 55 of the Hua-Hu-Ching .... it goes like this .....

.. The holistic practices of the ancient masters integrate science, art, and personal spiritual development. Mind, body, and spirit participate in them equally. They include:

.......... Yi Yau, the healing science which incorporates diagnosis, acupuncture, herbal medicine, therapeutic diet, and other methods;

......... Syang Ming, the science which predicts a person's destiny by observing the outward physical manifestations of his face, skeleton, palms, and voice;

....... Feng Shui, the science of discerning the subtle energy rays present in a geographic location to determine whether they will properly support the activities of a building or town constructed there;

....... Fu Kua, the observation of the subtle alterations of yin and yang for the purpose of making decisions which are harmonious with the apparent and hidden aspects of a situation. The foundation of Fu Kua and of all Taoist practice is the study of the I Ching, or Book of Changes.

....... Nei Dan, Wai Dan, and Fang Jung, the sciences of refining one's personal energy through alchemy, chemistry, and the cultivation of balanced sexual energy;

....... Tai Syi, the science of revitalization through breathing and visualization techniques;

...... Chwun Shi, the transformation of one's spiritual essence through keeping one's thoughts in accord with the Divine Source;

....... Shu-Ser, the attunement of one's daily life to the cycle of universal energy rays;

...... Bi Gu, the practice of fasting on specific days in order to gather life energy emanating from the harmonized positions of certain stars;

....... Sau Yi, the science of embracing integral transcendental oneness in order to accomplish conception of the 'mystical pearl';

...... Tai Chi Ch'uan, the performance of physical exercises to induce and direct energy flows within the body to gain mastery of body, breath, mind, the internal organs, and life and death;

....... Fu Chi, the science of reforming and refining one's energy with pure food and herbs;

....... Chuan Se, the inner visualization of the unity of one's inner and outer being;

....... 'Dzai Jing, the purification of one's energy through ascetic practices;

......... Fu Jou, the drawing of mystical pictures and the writing and recital of mystical invocations for the purpose of evoking a response from the subtle realm of the universe;

........... Tsan Syan, the process of dissolving the ego and connecting with the Great Oneness through the study of classical scriptures and daily dialogue with an enlightened master;

........... Lyou Yen and Chi Men, the mystical sciences of energy linkage for the purpose of influencing external affairs.

Of these, the most important for beginners is the study of the I Ching, which enables one to perceive the hidden influences in every situation and thus establish a balanced and spiritually evolved means of responding to them.

All are instruments for attaining the Tao. To study them is to serve universal unity, harmony, and wisdom.

well, this is quite a remarkable list .......

ps. a sage Ch'ing Wu was taught some arts of Fung Shway (feng shui) by certain mysterious beings. these had to do with energy locations of the earth and local geography .... due to a correct but secret placement, significant results occurred ...

Edited by robaire

Sign in to follow this