Sign in to follow this  
bowowtao

..laughing buddha Mooji on TP

Cathartic multi-tasking.. says a lot about some practices..

The second video was creepy. Such a desperation for an experience that he would force laughter in a such a way.. I guess famous gurus have to circumvent a lot of situations like that one. Not a job for judgmental dispositions. At least he still laughs at them too so they might be able to clearly see their own behaviour, and laugh at it in hind-sight.. :o:lol::blush::glare:

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Cathartic multi-tasking.. says a lot about some practices..

The second video was creepy. Such a desperation for an experience that he would force laughter in a such a way.. I guess famous gurus have to circumvent a lot of situations like that one. Not a job for judgmental dispositions. At least he still laughs at them too so they might be able to clearly see their own behaviour, and laugh at it in hind-sight.. :o:lol::blush::glare:

It seems that laughter is an indication that one is not yet ready to live naturally in higher frequency and enlightenment. Like some indication of resistance to enlightenment and then it causes tension which results into laughter. What do you think?

It seems that laughter is an indication that one is not yet ready to live naturally in higher frequency and enlightenment. Like some indication of resistance to enlightenment and then it causes tension which results into laughter. What do you think?

Heheh, Why so serious? What you describe is only one kind of laughter - defensive.

The Laughter of realization is quite different.

Reading the lives of many enlightened masters reveals an often well developed sense of humor.

Some students of such teachers describe the booming laughter of their teacher, being almost scary. It booms because it comes unobstructed from the deepest part of the belly.

I believe the close one gets to realization the more ones life is charactised by 'natural' Laughter. {not defensive laughter}

Seth :D

• Like 1

Well, I can't exactly speak for the enlightened, but I think being one with Tao incorporates all things, and keeps what should be kept and releases otherwise. There might be a stage of one's path where they might try to process everything rather than letting it pass through freely, but I think not being attached or hung-up on various things requires a willingness to let them go as much as to accept them.

Like Seth said, too, there's different kinds of laughter.

Reminds me of a haiku chain moment with Strawdog and myself:

The sound of laughter

Lingers long through the valley

What were we after?

Sign in to follow this