Audiohealing

Chakras

Hey there fellow bums,

After years of doing my chakra meditations incorrectly, I finally figured out that the chakras are located on the SPINE and not in the front or middle of the body (with the exception of the last 3 chakras, I believe).

Anyway, I did three 45-minute chakra meditations today and the first one went great. I could feel each chakra vibrating pleasantly. The second time however (a few hours later), I could not feel my 3rd and 4th chakras at all despite spending a good 15 minutes each on each one. The first two I felt with great force.

What gives? I guess this could be normal that they vary in strength and other attributes from hour-to-hour but it made me feel panicky that all of a sudden I couldn't feel my chakra.

Which brings me to my next question: How do you guys "experience" your chakras? Is it a physical sensation? Is it an inner-visual phenomena? Is it sound? Is it emotion? A combination of all?

How does one know that one is "aligning" or "balancing" a chakra? Is focused and physical awareness on the chakra for a period of time sufficient to help balance it or is there more involved?

For now, I'm getting decent results with what I'm doing and I guess that's what matters but for the time being all I can do is put my awareness in the location of the chakra, and then a physical sensation of that awareness follows. I can't visualize a darn thing no matter how much I try and there's still no inner-light. :(

Any tips would be much appreciated.

When I started out I experienced them as spinning. Now I experience them as "knots" or "stuff in the way".

I still think they're interesting as broad systemic "points" to go to. But I don't seem to be as into Chakra things as I was. I feel the 5E stuff is good for me and then there's just plain old emptiness and mindfullness. But I find mindfulness kind of dull. A bit too strict. The other day I set my alarm and woke to the secret smile by Glenn Morris. I hadn't heard or done it in ages but I have to say it put my day off to a nice warm start:-)

After years of doing my chakra meditations incorrectly, I finally figured out that the chakras are located on the SPINE and not in the front or middle of the body (with the exception of the last 3 chakras, I believe).

I find that mine are pretty close to the middle of the body. In that, they work best for me (inner light, feelings, etc) when I work with them as slightly forward of the spine. I like this picture although its just a representation

Neijingtu_from_KamLanKoon.jpg

The root chakra sits right on the perineum so is not quite on the spine, but if are getting good results from working with them in the space of the spinal column, i would go with that for as long as it works for you. The spine actually extends inward almost to the center of the body. To me, they do not make a straight line, but like the back curves, so does the vertical plane which the chakras are on (when viewed from the side that is).

What gives? I guess this could be normal that they vary in strength and other attributes from hour-to-hour but it made me feel panicky that all of a sudden I couldn't feel my chakra.

Maybe with some more exercise you will be able to feel it. I suggest keeping at it, and doing chakra meditations as often as you can. Things that work for me to power up my chakras: kuji-in hand seals and mantras, visualizing them as counterrotating spheres (or a sphere moving in both directions at once) on a vertical axis, visualizing the color of the light as if pure cosmic light or light from a pure white star were shining through a crystal which was deeply the color you wish to evoke (once you have the color in your mind very intensely, you can transfer it to the rotating sphere), daily practice

Which brings me to my next question: How do you guys "experience" your chakras? Is it a physical sensation? Is it an inner-visual phenomena? Is it sound? Is it emotion? A combination of all?

when i invoked my root chakra last night i felt pulsating energy which went down into my thighs and up into my chest.. I also felt a sense of wellbeing and personal strength, and all the ideas which i already associate with that chakra of course (that i can trust life to take care of me, that everything is already perfect, that i am empowered and strenghtened)... then i took that power (which some might call kundalini) and i invoked the third chakra, bringing it up my solar plexus to light up the golden light of the manipura.. i used that golden light to fill my whole energy body and in my mind's eye, to light up my whole physical body with healing energy. That light and that chakra is also associated with personal empowerment and willpower, spiritual power, and healing power, don juan matus told carlos that that is where intent is activated. So when a chakra is really blazing and going full force, I experience it as those sensations, which can be sort of a feeling thing, but not really emotional (with the exception of the heart chakra, which i find can sometimes be passionate with love and empathy). I experience them as inner light, not like i see them lighting up as a blazing ball of light, thats something i kind of feel like i feel the sun touching my skin, but on the insides. But i will get a flash of the color of light in my minds eye, like a wash of bright yellow which might last a half second or 3 seconds, and is a good sign that the chakra is "activated" hahaha its hard to talk about without sounding newagey, but its so far from new-age nonsense its not funny

How does one know that one is "aligning" or "balancing" a chakra? Is focused and physical awareness on the chakra for a period of time sufficient to help balance it or is there more involved?

the better you understand what the chakras are, the more accurate your visualizations and intentions can be, and the more accurate they are, the more effective in awakening or balancing that center you will be. I find that visualizing them in rotation is quite important to awaken an energetic feeling inside me. The color is not even as important as that, but most important is the realize that your chakras are the expression of the spectrum of your spirit. Learn about their different attributes and relate to them as simultaneously functioning parts of your consciousness body, or spirit. For example, the root is all about survival and strength/power. The sacral is about desire, love, harmony, etc. The solar plexus is about empowerment in a more spiritual sense, about intent as a force that is both personal and transpersonal. The heart is about love, compassion, empathy. The throat is about vibration, communication, and the ability to be silent. The 3rd eye is about perception, creativity, inner vision and subtle vision. The crown is about the spirit, as opposed to the mind. That is the tip of an iceberg. Learn as much as you possibly can retain about them and the different ways other people experience them. The truth that i have realized is that each chakra is an attribute of perception, that we perceive with our spirit in this way, and that they are like little brains or processors dedicated to the awareness that they represent. That is not a good way of saying it but maybe it is.

For now, I'm getting decent results with what I'm doing and I guess that's what matters but for the time being all I can do is put my awareness in the location of the chakra, and then a physical sensation of that awareness follows. I can't visualize a darn thing no matter how much I try and there's still no inner-light. :(

Any tips would be much appreciated.

you sound like you're doing fine, keep at it! Here are my chakra hand seal notes for you to use. If you have any questions (especially about the crappy pictures and how to actually do the mudras) fire away

notes on chakra hand seals (kuji-in) revised.pdf