Harmonious Emptiness

Concepts relative to "God" in Buddhism

Depends what you mean by "one." If you mean that everything is subsumed into a universal consciousness, than no. If you mean that everything is an interdependent process, and that all sentient beings contribute to this reality interdependently (hence "interconnected,") than yes.

Simple Jack,

Do you assert the existence of such a reality where sentient beings contribute to in an interdependent process?

(curious)

Well SJ, as I've stated, this was really an inquiry from the beginning. When I still had doubts of what was said due to something I had read then I maintained my doubts until proven otherwise.

I've also said, I now see that dharmakaya, as a Buddhist concept, is not the same as God by most people's concept; however, I see enough similarities that I'm still doubting that everyone is speaking about different things and different experience (these things and experiences being related) whether or not they say otherwise.

So, yes, I do hold my own views of this all which do not need to be confirmed by any doctrines. The doctrines merely attempt to describe that which can only be experienced, so what do I care if they are only partially exact -- they can never be more than partially exact in the words. As I said in another recent post, words and description are left behind at the gate...

If you don't accept this and still want to argue with me, I'm afraid you'd be wasting both of our time.

• Like 1

Another question for you, I guess, though: Do you think we are one with everything because everything is empty?

there is no "you" to become one with "everything"

There is seeing which is just the experience of forms, shapes, colours, but no seer

Hearing, no hearer

But our mindstreams and experience are unique, so no universal consciousness. However our unique mindstreams are without self or subject-object duality

there is no "you" to become one with "everything"

There is seeing which is just the experience of forms, shapes, colours, but no seer

Hearing, no hearer

But our mindstreams and experience are unique, so no universal consciousness. However our unique mindstreams are without self or subject-object duality

I'll take that as a yes then.