fatherjhon

Question on combining the white lead and red cinnabar

I have run into another enigmatic Taoist contradiction. Perhaps someone could help me out.

There is a detailed if somewhat confusing description of dual cultivation in "The secret and sublime" by Blofeld, which quotes extensively from a text called T s'an-t'ung-ch'i, makes much ado about the proper way of combining the the male and female essences. I was under the impression that because men where not allowed to expend their essence, the combining was energetic rather than physical. However, in several passages Blofeld specifically indicates that it is the physical fluids that are important - "yin fluid must contact assertive yang". He also lists other types of dual cultivation where "the man does not loosen his sash" and states that each method is unique and one should not combined their methods, even though several ways of cultivation may be practiced by the same person.

Is there is some positive value to otherwise fortunate emission of male essence or is he merely saying in polite terms that you need to have sex with the penis emerged in the woman's secretions. I am not sure how to reconcile this statement other wise. I do not think Blofeld has gotten something wrong as the rest of the book fits nicely with what I have learned form others, but I might well be the case.

Edited by fatherjhon

Immersed, yes. You second quote states such, if it is indeed verbatim. B) I cant quite describe the energetic-result of such immersion, though normally I'm decent at finding some descriptor, esoteric though it may be.

I have run into another enigmatic Taoist contradiction. Perhaps someone could help me out.

There is a detailed if somewhat confusing description of dual cultivation in "The secret and sublime" by Blofeld, which quotes extensively from a text called T s'an-t'ung-ch'i, makes much ado about the proper way of combining the the male and female essences. I was under the impression that because men where not allowed to expend their essence, the combining was energetic rather than physical. However, in several passages Blofeld specifically indicates that it is the physical fluids that are important - "yin fluid must contact assertive yang". He also lists other types of dual cultivation where "the man does not loosen his sash" and states that each method is unique and one should not combined their methods, even though several ways of cultivation may be practiced by the same person.

Is there is some positive value to otherwise fortunate emission of male essence or is he merely saying in polite terms that you need to have sex with the penis emerged in the woman's secretions. I am not sure how to reconcile this statement other wise. I do not think Blofeld has gotten something wrong as the rest of the book fits nicely with what I have learned form others, but I might well be the case.

My understanding of dual cultivation is that you and your partner are speeding up the early stages by giving each what the other is deficient of. Women are naturally more yin which is strongest in menstral blood. Men are more yang which is strongest in the jing. You absorb some of her essence, she absorbs some of yours. Supposedly dual cultivation is the best method for people who start alchemy in the later stages of life, and are naturally more deficient. Later on, both men and women would retain their essences. By the way, contrary to popular belief I was told by Eva that the jing is primarily contained in the pre-ejaculate (clear liquid), not the ejaculate/semen.

I hope this helps. The alchemical language is really hard to penetrate, because the same terms and symbols are often used to interchangeably to represent different things.

Perhaps some more context will help. My question arises from a line in the T s'an-t'ung-ch'i (Triplex Unity for may sanity) and the various commentaries there on. A line in the Triplex Unity states that "at each computation of Heaven and Earth draw to yourself the secret sources of yin and yang." The commentary on this point reveals that "each time you and your partner come together, combine the two vital fluids and draw them into yourself." However, it is also a first principle of Taoist alchemy, and stated in many commentaries on this text and elsewhere, that "sexual fluids must on no account be expended" - at least for the male. This, I would think, makes combining the two vital fluids difficult.

I do not see how expending vital fluid helps in any way. For example, in Alchemy and Immortality by Lu K'uan Yu, it is explained that "vitality increases by weight by 64 chu every thirty-two months... [until age sixteen when by] gambling way his (essential)nature by wine and sex he allows his generative and vital forces to drain away. [Allowing] his positive (yang) vitality to decrees and its negative (yin) counter to grows in proportion ... causing his hair and beard to turn white."

Sexual alchemy is according to Blofeld is a practice which leads to the immortal fetus so long as the student starts around his 16th birthday. Given the imbalance that expending vial force creates I do not see how mixing might happen. I am interested in the particulars of how the mixing is done. Mundane concerns (does the student ejaculate and or avoid contraceptives) and the metaphysical ones (how is the mix drawn back up and does the process require more then just combining them two in the crucible such as application shen.)

Edited by fatherjhon

As i understand this passage, it'd be referring to the mixing of the male and female pre-orgasmic/ejaculation secretions, and the ability of both partners to be able to then absorb this combined essence into their bodies.