Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Archaeological Cover-ups?

Very interesting thanks.

There's no doubt in my mind that there are two effects going on in archeology. One is a kind of projection of a set of assumptions by the the archeologist onto whatever evidence may be found. The Victorians were very prone to this, the British were always trying to say that the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans were somehow like them (mostly because they were all Empire builders at one time or another and this was seen as the 'way' civilization). Much was suppressed including a lot to do with sexuality or difficult stuff which ran counter to the idea of 'superior races'. This was so the Victorians could justify their own existence basically. It was not so much a conscious conspiracy as an unconscious blinkered view.

The other effect is darker. This is active governmental suppression. I believe this is geared to preventing us knowing who we really are ... stopping us having a true perspective on ourselves which would make us harder to govern.

The good new is Diffusion is spreading. Its main streaming more then ever. Look at the popularity of Mann's books 1491, and 1493. They're amazing well documented, in no way fringe. I just heard him discussing them on NPR.

The traces in language, architecture, mythology are too much to be ignored. Its taken 150 years but the victorian mode is shrinking. The Vatican apologized to Galileo so even its moving in the right direction. Actually faster then you'd think, non italian popes, speculative papers on alien what ifs, etc.

I don't consider the early cover ups, cover ups. They were extreme rascist bias, deep and widespread. Hopefully that generation is dying out. The new experts are every race, color and religion.

I think the text books are getting rewritten or will be soon. Don't expect to see the most fringe type things in there, but the holistic interconnected view is being acknowledged. Probably grade school stuff will always simplistic, nationalistic garbage though.

my 2 cents

Sign in to follow this