Sign in to follow this  
LaughingNumbSkull

Timing

I was at a family reunion the other day. It was the first one in a long time that I had actually attended (The bribes were not as good this year).

Anyway, there were some new attendees at the party. People were being introduced. My aunt was introducing my uncle dick.

"Over there, that's Dick." She said.

And without missing a beat, my other uncle Rick goes,

"And he is one!"

It was so PERFECT. I was the only one who caught it though. I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. Even today, I'm still laughing about it which is why I made a post about it. It was pretty hilarious, you might say.... :D

The only mystery to me, was that I was the only one laughing. How was that possible? Would you laugh with me at something like that?

To me the timing was PERFECT. Could not have been said better by another person on this planet.

How did no one else catch that? :lol:

Edited by LaughingNumbSkull

Sometimes, people simply don't hear... or they choose to pretend they didn't because they felt awkward. The mirth you felt alone has probably been felt by everyone. You're right it is all about timing.

I love when that happens :D

And like at a restaurant, where everyone is talking, and then, for some reason, there is a lull in everyone's conversation except for one person, who then proceeds to say something really embarrassing so that everybody hears it :lol:

Sign in to follow this