Sign in to follow this  
awake

HELP! Something "left" me!

I've felt this twice in the past few months, once just recently..

It's like, something (energy) inside me decided to leave..

In it's place is a sort of "clear emptiness", but it's very scary, I think I may have lost a blessing or something like that. It feels like there is less there (though I am more aware of it), and something has gone wrong. The first time, the same thing left the middle of my chest. Now, it left from either side of my chest. I can bring it back if I want, at least as far as I know, but I am in doubt of what meaning to make of this, and therefore, what to do.

I am able to recall, by means of "what I can tell used to be there", the sensation of what left (though it was out of my consciousness until it left), and it seems to be a holy energy, but somewhat "mucky".

In both cases, I had received some instructions, which, due to my fears, I did not carry out. I don't want to go into the source of the instructions, but they were not given to me under threat, or from bad sources, and they were fairly regular things to do. Shortly after losing an opportunity (feels like losing THE opportunity) for both, this feeling came.

I don't know what to do, do you have any insight?

Blessings are not physical objects or energy. They can't leave you this way. My suggestion is to relax, eat well, exercise, sleep well, and ignore this turmoil. It will pass. It's just your mind playing tricks on you. There is nothing special in your chest to begin with. Relax. The body is not where you really are anyway. The body is like your place in the world, but it's not where you are and it's not who you are. Don't get obsessed on storing things in the body or worry overmuch if things seem to leave it.

Fill your heart with love and compassion for all beings. Do this every day and be patient. Next time, don't be so obsessed on accumulating things, even if those things are of spiritual nature. Let go and let be.

I think what you're describing is covered by William Bodri here, you're making good progress by the sounds of it ;)

http://www.meditationexpert.com/comparative-religion/c_Song_of_Songs.html

Thank you for the link. This describes it perfectly. Though I'd like some more details on the part about the falling away: I keep wondering about how I'll know when this new body is there... I felt full, now empty (and missing the fullness), under some sort of protection/guidance now naked and alone spiritually, like something was given to me then taken away.

And so confused: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/19202-its-worrysome-that-i-dont-know/

Let the things go. Things that are yours return to you, things that are not yours will leave and stay away. So nothing to hold on.

That's the hardest thing to do.. It's like I mistreated and misunderstood what I was given and so it left..

Sign in to follow this