Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

Bojenmi tea

Anybody know anything about this stuff? http://www.itmonline.org/jintu/bojenmi.htm

It was recommended for stagnation and for weight loss in Letha Hadady's book, and I have a friend who is desperately searching for weight loss meds--and this at least looks like it won't harm her, even though I'm not convinced it's safe yet... any ideas?

There is nothing inherently safe about TCM formulas. Each formula is specific to a kind of imbalance in the body. Being overweight can be due to food stagnation, spleen qi deficiency, phlegm accumulation etc. If your friend's problem is due to simple food stagnation, then Bojenmi can help. But if it is due to only spleen qi deficiency, then Bojenmi may do more harm than good because the mostly clearing herbs can harm the spleen qi.

The question is: How do we know that your friend's problem is due to food stagnation, spleen qi deficiency, or phlegm accumulation? What if it is a mixture of all the above? What if there are also other imbalances involved?

In my opinion, the safest and wisest thing to do is to consult a licensed TCM practitioner.

Sign in to follow this