taolover

tao expert help required

dear tao / yoga experts,

I need your help.

I am male 32 years old.

I had gone to a world renowned mystic/healer/physiotherapist doctor in bombay, india for the treatment of my sleeping problem in 2002. his main technique is a gentle massage of the spine. although I had not mentioned any sexual problems, he used to press my hui-yin point repeatedly. he did this acupressure at the huiyin for quite some time every day for about 2 months or so. after this I noticed that my penis became numb / cold and the erections feeble. I did discuss this with him but he assured me that it will be alright. after I left him - the problem persisted. after a few months the condition improved marginally. now, more that 3 years have passed - but, my erections / strength of penis / sensation / heated feeling of the erect penis is nothing like it was before.

(similar problems are faced by people who ride bicycle / practice forced mulabandha (a yogic kundalini practice) / practice siddhasana (a yoga posture where the perineum is forcibly pressed by the heel of the foot) etc. etc. in all these cases the penis may go numb / impotency may occur. many bicycle riders do suffer from impotency. this numbness of the penis is due to the pressure / trauma to the perineal nerves.)

can you help me? how can I come out of this problem? please guide me.

I am interested in yoga, pranayama, tao, acupuncture, buddhist meditation, tantra, ayurveda, allopathic and homeopathic medicine. you may write your reply from any perspective.

regards,

dr n

I don't know if we have any certified experts here, but have you given the deer exercises a try. Maybe take a couple of these and see if you can get things going again. :blink: Actually your best bet is to ignore my advice and go to a highly rated TCM doctor in your area and discuss your issue in depth.

In any case, welcome to TTB man. :)

Sean

can you help me? how can I come out of this problem? please guide me.

I am interested in yoga, pranayama, tao, acupuncture, buddhist meditation, tantra, ayurveda, allopathic and homeopathic medicine. you may write your reply from any perspective.

regards,

dr n

A few ideas..first, like sean said see a good doctor. This is very important, so see a Urologist and a TCM to get a full picture. You don't want to miss something like cancer or heart disease.

Plato, on this list has a lot of experience so check out his stuff.

My two cents besides above is to not assume a cause/effect relationship between pressing the huiyin point and the problems you are experiencing. Sure it is possible, but bear in mind bicyclists ride for hours.

Problems such as yours are usually stress related, a marker for heart disease, an indication of hormone problems such as hypogonadism, or spine/nerve related. Definately get blood work done and watch other markers like hair loss and abdominal fat..believe it or not they are all related to heart/arterial disease. The danger of alternative methods of healing and self treatment is that you could miss one of the quick killers, so you want to rule any of that out by getting blood work, ultrasounds, etc. Once you're confident nothing 'big' is going on, then you can focus in energetic work.

Please don't shy away from seeing a doctor.

T