Sign in to follow this  
Eddy

white/black tantra

I have talked briefly with a friend a while back about tantra, and that conversation flashed in my head quite recently. I am just wondering what are these black arts?

I was told that black tantra is a quicker path to enlightenment, however much more difficult. Through black tantra one will experience many temptations of the dark side. It was left at that, which led me to wonder that these temptations include the powerful manifestations of desires and cause many individuals of opposite sex attracted to one. From these temptations a peaceful mind is harder to attain and manage.

In contrary, white tantra is simply any qi gong practice cultivating energy, love, for healing others and oneself, and to be a transparent vessel, like a bridge, allowing energy flow from Heaven to Earth and vice-versa.

In addition, there is a promise one who trains in white tantra that one will not ascend to the higher planes unless the rest of our world is able to ascend with him/her. However, in black tantra one simply trains to ascend just by oneself by drawing up the sexual energy to nourish the Shen so one be able to ascend.

Simply put, are the practices of taught in Mantak Chia's books of testicle breathing and Xi Sui Jing considered black tantra? Or perhaps is the whole black tantra basically cultivating evil emotions for power and practicing Dim Mak death strikes?

Just my thoughts about this whole ordeal between what exactly these two paths are. Will any experts elaborate on this, please?

I have talked briefly with a friend a while back about tantra, and that conversation flashed in my head quite recently. I am just wondering what are these black arts?

I was told that black tantra is a quicker path to enlightenment, however much more difficult. Through black tantra one will experience many temptations of the dark side. It was left at that, which led me to wonder that these temptations include the powerful manifestations of desires and cause many individuals of opposite sex attracted to one. From these temptations a peaceful mind is harder to attain and manage.

In contrary, white tantra is simply any qi gong practice cultivating energy, love, for healing others and oneself, and to be a transparent vessel, like a bridge, allowing energy flow from Heaven to Earth and vice-versa.

In addition, there is a promise one who trains in white tantra that one will not ascend to the higher planes unless the rest of our world is able to ascend with him/her. However, in black tantra one simply trains to ascend just by oneself by drawing up the sexual energy to nourish the Shen so one be able to ascend.

Simply put, are the practices of taught in Mantak Chia's books of testicle breathing and Xi Sui Jing considered black tantra? Or perhaps is the whole black tantra basically cultivating evil emotions for power and practicing Dim Mak death strikes?

Just my thoughts about this whole ordeal between what exactly these two paths are. Will any experts elaborate on this, please?

Hi :)

I have only heard the term White Tantra from Yogi Bhajans crew which I am not part of.

It is not at all a traditional view point, and may be meant to relate somehow to the Idea of Daksinimarg and Varmamarg which mean Right and Left hand path respectivly.

The weird thing is in India, the vedic teachings are usually considered Right hand path, [goodness, trust worthyness, clean] where Varmamarg or Lefthand teachings [the hand you use to wipe your ass] is the box the Tantra's get placed in.

It s not as cut and dry as that but close.

Now Tantra has many wonderful and many dodgy/dark sects, as well as many sects that are differing percentages of wonderful/dodgy.

Some of the Tantra sects, like the Aghora school of the Kaula sect, are masters of cursing, and practice ritual cannabilism and other practices that may seem horific to a westerner [or vedic practitioner] without deeper understanding of what is going on.

I personally know practitioners from this school and have engaged in some of their practices, and all I can say is they are lovely compassionate people and their practices work.

As for Mantak Chia, he is a Taoist not a Tantrica, but you will find practices at least somewhat similar, that focus on positive energy generation in all schools of Tantra.

I have been studying Tantra a long time and I love it. I personally think it is one of the easyiest paths with the quickest results, but it may just suit my personal make up. It is probably not for everyone. :D

It is always funny hearing the crazy superstition from people about what might go on in 'Dark Tantric Rites' as a large amount is really not that bad.

I guess to be fair though yes there is a dark side, and some very dodgy practices in some schools of Tantra so do stay away from them.

lol, thanks for the chuckle, and have fun :)

• Like 1

I don't think that tantra can be reasonably cut up into light and dark. To me, tantra is merely the exploration of what is, on a non-conceptual basis, so there's no classification, no morality. Just energy.

That said, yes, IME tantra does include palpable erotic energetic connection, and from there, it becomes very easy to seduce. Once I realized how easy it was, then I had a very fine line to walk, in which I explore the energetic realms, but hopefully, without hurting others.

But I can't say I know for sure where that line is. Women that I've energetically engaged with, later tell me that I show up in their dreams a lot (for years). I don't know if that's a bad thing, but it does suggest that enmeshing with others is not a karma-free event.

For the most part now, I explore a playful, kid-like tantra with most of my dance partners, and reserve the erotic connection for a few select women, with whom I have great chemistry and some understanding. I practice being patient with the erotic energy dances, bringing in more tenderness and heart opening, and less neediness, less hurry. I surrender the connection (and any claims to the woman) when the dance is over. And, off the dance floor, I try to establish communication with the woman's personality, so that we can relate on both levels.

I think it's also very important for me to maintain gratitude about the connections, rather than believing that I deserve them. That's probably when it gets darkest, when I start consuming, rather than sharing. That's when I'm straying into the territory of the energy vampire.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this