Sign in to follow this  
brawnypandora0

New member of forum with lots of questions about the tao

1) How can inanimate objects have tao?

2) Since taoism does not have dogma, how should one live ethically? Or why should one live ethically at all? Wh cant I just do whatever I like, to please myself, and treat people like shit if it suits me?

3) Since the tao is everywhere, does that mean everyone in the world is a taoist? Even Muslim fundamentalists? Yes, I really asked that.

4) Are Buddhists and Taoists really "brothers in heaven?" I've been studying up on taoism for the past year, and I have a much better impression of it than Buddhism, which I feel is almost as dogmatic as Abrahamic religions. Troll Question alert!

5) If taoist ideas are really that influential in China, why has Chinese history been so bloody and tyrannical? Troll question alert!

6) At the current rate, the planet will be uninhabitable within two centuries as man destroys this planet. Do you think Laozi would be concerned about this?

7) Is there really an afterlife? If so, is there a heaven and hell? As if you know the answers!

8) Some branches of taoism (in Taiwan) believe in ancestor and deity worship of thousands of spirits. Are they misinformed?

9) Will you take me seriously if I go on and on about how much I need lots of women and am unable to be monogamous? Or will I just look like a twat?

Hi Brawny,

Welcome!

Great questions. Keep a list of them and join in one of the on-going discussions or start your own threads for each of your questions.

They are good philosophical questions so I am sure you will get at least one response from me and I know you will get responses for many others as will.

(It is more efficient if you ask only one question at a time though.)

May you enjoy your time here.

Hi,

You should repost this in Taoist discussion ... I promise you'll get lots of answers ...

A.

Sign in to follow this