Sign in to follow this  
Ulises

Qi Gong practitioner & (the rest of) Nature

"The qigong practitioner feels as though Nature

uses his or her eyes to see herself." Ken Cohen

"As it appears to me, the world is amazing. Human beings are especially amazing. The body that we have is a sensory organ, an organ of perception that is an eye for the universe to experience itself. There is the universe, the stars and the galaxies, empty space, earth, ocean, rocks and all the physical manifestation. Every once in a while there is a soft spot in this universe. This soft spot has become so soft that it perceives its environment. That is what a human being is.

Why not look at the world this way? Why look at it as if you are a human being who is born one day only to die another day, with problems and spouses and taxes in between? Why not look at it as if you are an organ of perception for the universe? There is no other way for the universe to know itself. Whether you choose to call it God or the cosmic being or the universe, there is no way for that existence to perceive, to experience, to live, except through living beings."

A. H. Almaas

Taking as an starting point the phrase by the Qi Gong teacher Kenneth Cohen, I'd like to get feedback from Qi Gong practitioners about their experiences in Nature (preferibly wilderness, but not exclusively).

The thing is many times, when I've heard people commenting about their qigong practice, it looks like very solipsistic, totally anthropocentric, nearly oblivious to the surrounding living enviroment...

(it would be great to hear experiences, for example, from Wuji Qigong - and other practices - practitioners..)

Edited by Ulises

Well, I practice my zhan zhuang in the woods every morning.

The connection that I feel to nature is beautiful. The peace, quiet and serenity is exquisite.

Feeling the cold air making contact with my exposed face and hands makes me feel alive.

As the rain hits my face and head it causes me to thank whatever forces are making this wonderful event in time happen.

The birds come really close as I stand still, my internal energy in constant motion.

A fox, prowling it's way through the undergrowth, on the lookout for a stray bird, looks up at me, then continues on it's way.

You can't put a price on this type of experience. It's absolutely wonderful.

Well, I practice my zhan zhuang in the woods every morning.

The connection that I feel to nature is beautiful. The peace, quiet and serenity is exquisite.

Feeling the cold air making contact with my exposed face and hands makes me feel alive.

As the rain hits my face and head it causes me to thank whatever forces are making this wonderful event in time happen.

The birds come really close as I stand still, my internal energy in constant motion.

A fox, prowling it's way through the undergrowth, on the lookout for a stray bird, looks up at me, then continues on it's way.

You can't put a price on this type of experience. It's absolutely wonderful.

thank you for your beautiful sharing!

Sign in to follow this