Immortal4life

The Star Exercise

Ya Mu's stillness-movement vibration pulls in heavenly energies from the stars. As a practitioner of s-m, I haven't spent any time wailing or undergoing long- or short-standing sufferings. In fact, the heavenly vibrations seem to have burned off some old pains quite compassionately. :wub:

Yeah in Taoist Qigong and some Chinese methods they connect energy to specific contellations like the Big Dipper and North Star.

In a sense that is a powerful mental state, to be connecting to such vast things as stars so far away.

In another sense though it is limiting.

In the Star Exercise I don't think you are supposed to have any limitations in your mind. You are connecting to the primal, primordial original energy. It exists everywhere. It has no limitations. Therefore, what direction you are facing, and things like that, don't matter at all.

Edited by Immortal4life

Quick question. If my arms get tired do I just give them a short rest or do I sit for a sec and reset the whole exercise?

I can't really tell you or instruct you, but I can tell you what I do. What I tell you is only my experience and isn't necessarily "correct".

At one point I had it at 10 minutes. But right now what I am doing is 7 minute with hands at shoulder level, then I lower my hands to in front of my abdomen keeping one hand up and one hand down, or at my sides with fingers facing forwards keeping left hand up and left hand down. I keep in a relaxed mental state like this for one minute. Then I raise for another 2 minutes.

My thinking is that the point of the Star Exercise is continual contact with Life Energy, and continual flowing of Life energy. So I would think go as long as you can without stopping or resetting the exercise.

I guess consistency is key.

The first time I did it I was high (on marijuana) and I felt something lol. Not smoking anymore though...

I do it on and off but jeez, everyday!? I did it at 2:30 am the other day during the weekday while everyone else was sleeping...

Lol. I have no idea what the answer to that is.....

On the one hand it may not be the best idea, the clearest state of mind....on the other hand, is it better than not doing it at all? I don't know

I could easily hold my arms up for 10 mins. I mean they weren't straightened like hell but still good enough.

Yeah, I don't think you are supposed to strain too much, you want to be generally relaxed, I like to have a slight intention to relax my hands a bit, just tense enough to stay in a good posture I guess....

If you get tired yea you can rest it's no biggy. Maybe Im just not doing it in some strict rigid technique. I just stand in the position, after getting relaxed and I think the affirmation "I am one with the Universal Life Energy. It is flowing through me now. I feel it." And I use tactile imagine from Robert Bruce's NEW Energy Ways, to "imagine" or "feel" energy coming in my left palm and going through my solar plexus, and into my dantian or like I'm a circuit into the Earth. Im more concerned about filling up with the energy first and then have excess flow from the right palm.

I do use the silent affirmation, but truly, it's not technically an affirmation, depending on how you use the word. The out loud version can be helpful at realizing the truth of the statement.

I'm not really a fan of combining methods. But on the other hand, I do like several version of this exersice. The breathing method versions can really help an dpump up the vitalization all day, and make the breathing fresh and fullfilling through the day.

Like I said I guess consistency is key.. I haven't done it everyday, I feel like I need to be doing it outside rather than inside otherwise it won't work.

Anyone get results from doing it inside? Even with windows close? Im kinda hesitant to try. Having windows open it's probably preferred you have the blinds open too I guess.

I usually do it inside. I actually would say, I get stronger energy and feeling in my body when I do energy pracitce indoors than outdoors. Even though, I prefer outdoors myself for overall benefits and fresh air and health over indoor anyday.

Okay, been doing the Star Exercise a few days now. Love the simplicity. Today I closed my eyes and breathed in and out through my nose only. Serious state of calm came over me in a relatively short time. Thanks for this thread Immortal.

Stars have a lot of light, so why not connect with ALL of them, rather one or two constellations believed, by the mind, to be so powerful?

I wouldn't call a practice that connects with these vibrant vortexes of light a "powerful mental state." The state of connecting with all that is heavenly above me surpasses my limited mind. :)

I'll try to explain my thinking. Long ago, various energy masters around the world engaged in energy practices connected to trees. In Europe this was practiced by the Druids, and eventually evolved into Tree worship that regarded Trees to be Gods. This happened the first time someone decided to claim a special connection with the trees, that was higher than what other people had. He became the first priest and used this lie to gain power over the whole tribe. It was then in the Tree Worshippering Priest's interest to keep the true nature of the Trees, and true nature of energy hidden from the common people of his tribe or village.

Now today, through understanding, and knowledge, we do not worship trees. We understand that while Nature is powerful and beautiful, we understand that a tree is not above us, or a god.

In the same way, through knowledge, we can understand that a Star is also, not beyond our conception. Not something we can never understand. We can sort of form some type of conception in our mind of solar systems, galaxies, etc.

In fact Human Beings, are the most wonderful manifestation of Universal Life Energy. The original energy is everywhere, It has no limits. There is a limit as to how far away a star we can see is from us, and we can comprehend that limit, but energy has no limits.

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Like 1

Develop Qi Strength and Power

That's funny my mother just gave me this DVD. This is the star exercise from John P Milton.

Edited by Non