Sign in to follow this  
rjb

Hello I am new here and I am not trying to sell 6 pack abs lol

Greeting all,

My intentions are to learn here and I am primarily interested in Taoism I've done Kyokushin only for a few years as a young child and then I fallowed Kung fu somewhat and became in awe of Bruce Lee witch led me a little deeper down the road of kung fu I still practice ti chi, haven't mastered it yet but I feel I am far off from any internal accomplishments so ti chi isn't quite a necessity yet anyhow and will soon be mastered in preparation of the deepest internal descent I am capable of.

I am currently reading Taoist Yoga - Alchemy & Immortality By Lu k'uan yu (charles luk) and it seems vary complete so far but not with out a plethora of encrypted terminology witch is so far kinda fun but I am scared that I might miss interpret and practice wrong for some time so in short I recommend it for anyone interested in the internal alchemy of Taoism but be prepared for a long read and a couple re-reads altogether, I am sure the last thing you want to do the wrong way easily excites in this book, Don't let it's size fool you lol.

In closing I'd like to kindly ask if someone could point me in the right direction , I am confused by the lower tan t'ien it seems to be somewhat pinnacle and I don't really get it's limitations or how it generally feels when filling or passing to the sheng szu ch'iao - mortal gate from that mortal gate to the ni wan it seems a little more straight forward and quite in control of blood flow to ones head with adjusted breathing , just about shot my eyes out of my head once lol just kidding anyways if anyone no someone I can contact that knows there tan t'ien like the back of there hand I could use a word with them Thanks 8D .

Hi rjb,

Welcome to the Taobums :)

Many people join here having gotten past a bit of introductory work and then dive into Charles Luk's Taoist Yoga. Most people on this site agree that it is fairly advanced to start with and the question is often asked: where to start? You will find many pieces of advice in previous posts - a good way to start is to do a google search with site:thetaobums.com in addition to your keywords.

One (of many) works which is often suggested is that of Robert Bruce - he's just started a new project at which he gives away one of his books away for free (which you'd normally have to pay 20 bucks or so for on Amazon). You can sign up on astralbob.com

With your existing interest in martial arts, Qigong Empowerment my Shou-Yu Liang and Wen-Ching Wu is probably a good next step - it is certainly one of my personal favorites.

This said, there is tons of good works out there, subject to your preference and angle - and when asking questions here you are likely to get different (and sometimes opposing answers).

Sign in to follow this