Immortal4life

Relaxation and Silence

The problem I find is that when I try to meditate, all the tension and stress, which I'm normally distracted from to a certain degree, I become acutely aware of, and it's extremely uncomfortable, and when I try to wait it out, or pass through it, it sometimes only seems to get worse.

I know I have to let go of this tension, and the longer it stays and the more it builds up, the more difficult it will be to deal with.

Im at my most content state when im listening to a rainstorm on rainymood.com and playing video games on mute

The problem I find is that when I try to meditate, all the tension and stress, which I'm normally distracted from to a certain degree, I become acutely aware of, and it's extremely uncomfortable, and when I try to wait it out, or pass through it, it sometimes only seems to get worse.

I know I have to let go of this tension, and the longer it stays and the more it builds up, the more difficult it will be to deal with.

I know exactly what u mean. Its not that theres more thoughts its just that you become aware of them. We as humans depend on external stimuli to keep us "awake". So when it ceases the ego or in buddhist terms "mahra" will throw everything but the kitchen sink at you to try and make u become "busy" again. So meditation will help see things for what they are, instead of the manifestations.

Sometimes it seems like it's the skin of an onion, to truly relax. I used to start at the feet then go up, but now I start on the outside of the body as a whole, relax the whole outer layer. Then the layer under it. and under that. And all the way down to the solar plexus, brain stem, the I Am. The release of muscular tension magically promotes nondiscriminatory thinking, if you have developed this mindset. We've returned to a place of non-judgment, lack of anxiety, lack of anger, of a type of agape love.

After a whole lot of meditative years, the breath becomes circular and it's almost difficult to tell an inhale from an exhale.

I agree that this can be done anyplace, anytime, in any circumstance. My mantra to myself, when I find myself getting anxious (I have an ongoing PTSD situation that's rolled downhill over the years) is to Do Nothing. Those words alone, after a lot of time, will reset my body, physically, mentally, spiritually. Or the words Be Here Now will do the same.

This is all so very subtle and it's almost like we're tossing a bubble back and forth. But we must find a way to do this to get into alignment with the Tao.