Sign in to follow this  
unmike

Testicular breathing how to

In a few other threads lately, people have been espousing the benefits of cool draw and testicular breathing, as opposed to big draw and other techniques. As with all things Tao, subtler is usually the one to aim for.

As someone who lucked into proper technique during an unexpected mindblow (this breathing led to MCO led to kan and li led to +4 psychedelia on the Shulgin scale), I've spent the two years since cultivating te and proper intentions because who I was and what I was doing at the time were dangerous to myself and others. As a result of swearing off the physical aspects for so long, I'm a beginner all over again.

The rub is, for many without large chi reserves and a dedicated teacher, it's difficult to understand some of the strange sensations associated with the practice via the dense metaphors they're presented in. I recall that so many of the sensations were wildly different than what I'd expected before my sudden success.

Something I know a lot of us would benefit from are some clear, simple images delineating various aspects of the technique. Perhaps a diagram elucidating the various times to relax certain parts during the breath cycle. Maybe one explaining where the testicles and abdominal muscles are and what is held in tension and released? Which muscles around the prostate, anus, pelvis, urogenital diaphragm, etc. do we use and when?

If anyone is able to share insights, through text, through images, through mindbeams, I would be infinitely grateful. Hopefully this will greatly benefit a bunch of us! Any contributions are extremely welcome.

May the Force be with you.

Edited by unmike

Guest tao4joe

In a few other threads lately, people have been espousing the benefits of cool draw and testicular breathing, as opposed to big draw and other techniques. As with all things Tao, subtler is usually the one to aim for.

As someone who lucked into proper technique during an unexpected mindblow (this breathing led to MCO led to kan and li led to +4 psychedelia on the Shulgin scale), I've spent the two years since cultivating te and proper intentions because who I was and what I was doing at the time were dangerous to myself and others. As a result of swearing off the physical aspects for so long, I'm a beginner all over again.

The rub is, for many without large chi reserves and a dedicated teacher, it's difficult to understand some of the strange sensations associated with the practice via the dense metaphors they're presented in. I recall that so many of the sensations were wildly different than what I'd expected before my sudden success.

Something I know a lot of us would benefit from are some clear, simple images delineating various aspects of the technique. Perhaps a diagram elucidating the various times to relax certain parts during the breath cycle. Maybe one explaining where the testicles and abdominal muscles are and what is held in tension and released? Which muscles around the prostate, anus, pelvis, urogenital diaphragm, etc. do we use and when?

If anyone is able to share insights, through text, through images, through mindbeams, I would be infinitely grateful. Hopefully this will greatly benefit a bunch of us! Any contributions are extremely welcome.

May the Force be with you.

Unmike, im unsure with some of the references you have used today, like like "swearing off physical aspects" does that mean sex? I hope you dont feel test breathing needs abstinance to work properly, well anyway here is some decent dios of muscle structure, and yes the abs end with a band of tendons in connection at the urogenital muscular diaphram. take care dude.

Unmike, im unsure with some of the references you have used today, like like "swearing off physical aspects" does that mean sex? I hope you dont feel test breathing needs abstinance to work properly, well anyway here is some decent dios of muscle structure, and yes the abs end with a band of tendons in connection at the urogenital muscular diaphram. take care dude.

While I did maintain a 13 month period of abstinence, no, I don't believe it's required for everyone. It was right for me in more ways than I know how to explain. It really helped to ground me and establish virtue in my practice.

What was so poorly explained in my above post is that I swore off any and all forms of energy practice, including all of the more esoteric aspects which had previously granted me great and terrifying power. Recognizing I was not ready, I decided to take time off in those respects, while nurturing things I knew would be good for myself and others.

Thanks for your response. Keep them coming!

Sign in to follow this