Afromojo

Dog BEATEN

In a positive way, you unintentionally made me laugh here, thanks! :D The way your orthography goes off-balance like a computer is on the brink of overloading, considering the task at hand. Comedy by accident. :lol:

Well, I'm glad I caused you laughter. Hehehe. Yes, I know, I oftentimes present my opinions as if they were facts. Well, they are facts in "my" mind. Hehehe.

Yes, in situations like those we should try to react with the least force possible that is sufficient to solve the problem. And if we panic and eventually put some new holes in him, we're not to blame as long as we try to do better next time.

There is a warrior's code: I will help you if I can; I will kill you if I must.

I wrote an essay about that a few years ago, claiming that what matters in dealing with fish is to try and not hurt others' feelings. Having an emotional connection to fish because one keeps them as pets is a personal thing. One shouldn't derive from it that it's evil to kill fish, and the others shouldn't derive from it that it's stupid to take food as pets.

Yep. Don't get me wrong though. I still eat fish. But only those that have already been killed. I just won't kill them myself.

This is actually a highly interesting topic. I've read about this somewhere, can't remember where or when. The fact that the evolution-based survival instinct is not the most powerful drive, but that one can decide to sacrifice the own life in order to save another, maybe even of a stranger, could be seen as the power of compassion and love, of the drive of connectedness. Interestingly I have never seen creationists use this most impressive competitior to the 'ordinary evolution-based science'. I wonder why. Maybe too much agenda involved, and too little spirituality.

It is like a kind of divine survival instinct. Like when one has developed enough compassion, one is aware of the 'light/good/love' and cares for its survival, reducing the physical body to a thing not crucial to this.

When I read about this view, I was really impressed by its beauty.

Yep. I cannot tell you how that understanding grew in my mind. It just seems that one day the understanding was there - intuitively. It was probably a result of my life experiences while serving in the Army but I can't say for sure. Spirituality has minimal influence in my life so I doubt that this was the cause.

I would agree that this concept would be a great concept for anyone supporting the concept of connectedness but I wouldn't be able to use it for that purpose myself.

Peace & Love!