Sign in to follow this  
d'avid

newbie from middle of Europe says: Hello!

Dear Ones

I'd like to follow the recommendation to introduce oneself in this section before "full" membership.

I've come across this forum googling for recipes how to deal with... retention, ha! What a coincidence!

And I have read through a many threads and felt that this is a dedicated, siriusly engaged but not dogmatic place of interesting discussions and a constructive, comfortable sharing energy so I signed up...

I am a living creature (I expect to become more human in the future), having domicile in central Switzerland (that's a country with mountains and rather healthy air and clean lakes in the middle of Europe - and 4 official languages, English just being the 5th, so I hope to express myself comprehensibly). I didn't practice Qi Gong or other Taoist methods yet, but studied some Western approach to Ageless Wisdom (qabalah and sacred tarot stuff) that recommends to stay away from breathing techniques. At the same time I followed the impulse to abstain from ejaculation as long as possible - being single for a few years now, male, quite "sexually wired" and 31 years old, that confronted me with some major difficulties, not only concerning horniness... I recently realised that I need some physical practice to cultivate a balanced state and avoid a constant hot n' gluey feeling in the brain, obsession with lust, stagnation or nocturnal emmission - and to harvest the precious fluid in a useful way.

So Qi Gong and Hsin Tao came to my mind a few weeks ago, when thinking about appropriate means. I bought a few books (Shou-Yu Liang / Wen-Ching Wu: Qi Gong Empowerment, Daniel Reid: the Tao of Health, Sex & Longevity, Charles Luk: Alchemy & Immortality [upon recommendation in several threads here], Marnia Robinson: Cupid's Poisoned Arrow and a Hsin Tao DVD by Ratziel Bander - I once got a Mantak Chia-book about male sexuality as a gift, but didn't like it that time and gave it away) to educate myself and find a starting point for a systematic practice. I am not there yet... just started my perusal. So hints and tipps for an effective training are cordially welcome (as well as linguistic corrections), altough I expect to figure out much myself, with the books at hand, the (forum) search function and the tao within.

About my daily occupation (if of interest): I am a student of business administration and real estate matters and work part-time. I am called David. Thanks for this open place.

Edited by d'avid

Welcome! Although I'm fairly new myself, I suppose there's no harm in saying Welcome! What a beautiful nation you have! It's my favorite in Europe, with France being next. I'm sure you'll like it here. Be sure to learn about Clif High's ALTA reports, and his pal George Ure's website, urban survival.

thanks for the welcome (didn't harm)! Well there is a many things to like here. Feeling home also includes an inclincation to critisize... It's a quite tightly organized country, somewhat perfectionist, somewhat mediocre. It's changing rapidly these times through "globalisation" and become more and more popular as a host for multinational companies. I am sure you know, as a tax consultant :-).

I honour the potential of direct democracy, so I enjoy voting a few times a year, although in the result, other interests often seem to be stronger than mine... Thanks for the reading recommendations, it looks like interesting stuff worth to check out, once I have more time at hand.

Greetings from state 51!

Sign in to follow this