Plunging into long black tunnels,

Slicing day with red and black light.

No worry about the skeleton engineer.

Head to pillow is like head to track,

Listening to the rumble of destiny,

Knowing that the opening will come.

In sleep, as in the tunnels,

The sound seems ever closer.

When you sleep, some insist that the world as you know it ceases to exist. The world exists because something inside of you asserts that it is so. When awake, are you then no longer dreaming? Or are you just dreaming another dream?

Going to sleep takes letting go. As any insomniac will tell you, it can't be forced. But we so identify control with waking, is it possible that the uncontrolled aspect of sleep is an equal reality?

Sleep seems so real, and then we awake. Waking life seems so real, and yet we need to let go of it every day. This strange contrast is one that those who follow Tao contemplate continually. If life is mere shifting from one dream to another, they constantly ask : What is truly real?

And while it is trye that we have some of the some experiences while we are sleeping as we do when we are awake, I will none-the-less suggest that there is a distinct difference between the two experiences. And that is that while in the dream state our experiences effect no other person but while in the awake state nearly every action we undertake effects others.

Peace & Love!

Greetings..

Dreams, that we recall, are the adventures of Awareness released from the duties of maintaining the physical experience during the waking portions of our existence.. it is the 'local awareness' of Consciousness reconnecting with its 'non-local' existence.. hence the fragmented and disconnected recollections/dreams of that awareness.. the vastness on non-locallity seldom recurrs in a sequential continuum.. the absence of recollections/dreamlessness or 'deep sleep', is the result of awareness encountering experiences we have no frame of reference for recalling..

Waking existence, the local environment, recurrs sequentially in a continuum of verifiable experiences.. it is the reality in which we are manifested and our aware Consciousness effects Change..

Be well..

I feel dreams and waking state is totally interconected .And Sun in my dreams is more and more like Sun when she is in waking state.

So the influence being worked out in dreams is continuing onto waking state ,therefore is being able to effect others.

Also to take in consideration that relationship with others is really a realtionship to me.What gives emotion (and in effect gives rise to action)comes from within .

It is a less gross form of existance less amount of elements in play ,still me.

Sign in to follow this