al.

Ancestral Points

Hi all,

Trying to find info on a group of acu-points called ancestral points. They're mentioned in Worsely's book and some of the older texts, and seem to parallel alot of the points used in the Japanese massage Jin Shin Jyutsu.

The obvious connection is they might tap into the Yuan Qi and 8 Extra Meridians, but this is not clarified anywhere they're mentioned.

Any ideas?

A

Hello

This is not the answer:

But I meditated on a point called ancestors hall, behind a litle above the eyes. But it is realy not so nice to do any massage to. :lol:

Fire Dragon

Jin Shin Jyutsu is amazing...I keep coming back to it to learn more. Really works if you know how to do it.

The best thing I've found is this book. It's cheap and contains the keys for your own discovery (it's very simplified).

It says in that book that the 26 places on either side of the body are used to correct the flow of the MCO.

Don't know about the ancestral points...just wanted to share about JSJ.

Jin Shin Jyutsu is amazing...I keep coming back to it to learn more. Really works if you know how to do it.

The best thing I've found is this book. It's cheap and contains the keys for your own discovery (it's very simplified).

It says in that book that the 26 places on either side of the body are used to correct the flow of the MCO.

Don't know about the ancestral points...just wanted to share about JSJ.

Cool, thanks for the link, will have to check that out. I've actually been practicing Jin Shin Do, which stems out of Jin Shin Jyustu and is also fused with five element theory and reichian theory. It's interesting stuff, but have to say I've been working with it much more intuitively (haven't memorised the point prescriptions as yet). This seems to have its ups and downs, but agreed- this kind of work can be really powerful!

I was trying to find info on the ancestral points for one of my teachers, but i got mixed up- the point group was actually called 'antique points'..

a

Increased flow, letting go, peace of being.

I'm not skilled enough to harmonize specific symptoms quite yet.