hajimesaito

Discussion about supernormal abilities of various masters

I take it many who actually have such experiences would highly value them and perhaps keep them to themselves, it seems to me to be sort of disrespectful to the master to spoil an experience and his inclination to show you something very sacred and rare. And yes, seeking such is ego building and not conducive to a spiritual path, no matter how many well constructed excuses one uses.

It is good that we remember no one person has all the facts, and that most if not all what we say is opinion, and not fact. Otherwise this forum, and perhaps even Taosim would not exist and we would all live under a single spiritual/religious banner?

Or maybe the wars to establish dominance of race and religion were figments of my imagination in my history studies.

I have stories to share, and can't wait to contribute to this lighthearted and inspirational post after work.

I have heard similar testimonies about the strength and skill of the famous Feng Zhiqiang: a Tai Chi grandmaster who is as famous in the west as he is in China itself. Does anyone know any of his disciples to be able to confirm his abilities?
Feng Zhiqiang claimed that he witnessed his master, Hu YaoZhen levitate...
I was at a workshop. I had been having difficulty with opening up the heart and having energy getting stuck in the chest... even before the retreat I wanted to open this area up. The night that I arrived at the house, where the workshop was to be held the next day, I wrote a small note saying 'open heart'... folded it and placed it under my pillow.

The next morning I was chatting with my teacher, having not seen him for over a year... after a brief hello and how are you, he looked at me as if I wasn't even there and said 'so you think you're ready to open your heart eh?'

I was astonished - but it was only a small reminder of the strange things that happen around this man :)

Yea, Max is a very good mindreader. He casually read my mind on 2 occasions, which left me very flummoxed...asking myself, wait, WTH?...but I didn't say anything...how did he know that? :wacko: Funny that he did that to you too!