Sign in to follow this  
Stigweard

New Mexico Daoist Workshops - DAOIST IMMERSION - LIVIA KOHN

Speaking of translations... A teacher mentioned how excellent Kohn's translation of Zuo Wang Lun (SITTING IN OBLIVION)is. So I tried to locate a copy, but it was out of print so I sent Ms. Kohn an e-mail and she kindly responded explaining that three pines press is releasing an updated addition summer 2010. I managed to get a copy via inter library loan and must say it is an excellent translation of a very simple yet potent text on Taoist meditation. If we all read it and then reread this post we would laugh at how silly are ego's can be. It is hard to find kind people who wish to share their experience with others and the worth of the experience is a subjective opinion. All this takes effort and time good luck with your search everyone.

Vortex, I agree. I think people aren't thinking clearly. It's not just a weekend.. its 8 days for $850 (just counted on my hands to make sure, you have to include the 1st day too so can't just substract! lol) which includes room and board, that's not bad at all.. consider that Kunlun seminars cost 300 for 2 days and do not include room and board.

I found a shot of the national forest that it's in -- looks a very Daoist landscape

1843610.jpg

This ia a great picture of the Sandia mountains, but doesn't show the sprawl of Albuquerque in the valley below (to the right at the bottom of the tram). There are however awesome sunsets and the city lights in summer evenings are pretty cool. Where exactly is Bear mountain?

Ralis, just as a reality check, Santa Fe is one of the most expensive places to live in the US. Your concern for people affording the tuition is interesting. I'll give you my kunlun book for free if you can't afford one, but I can't help you with an animal skin though LOL

I know that most local kids that grow up in Santa Fe cannot afford to stay there because of the cost of living.

Don't know about your situation. I wouldn't spend 850 on Kohn, although I have several of her books and they seem better than most. I would get more out of a few days in the wilderness in a tent :0)

Maybe I'll put her books up for sale .....

I am begining to wonder if you can learn any of this from anyone, really.....

or if all learning comes from within

Sign in to follow this