Sign in to follow this  
thaddeus

Floating Arms (part of the standing thread)

Inspired by the discussions in the standing thread, I started playing around with standing and waiting for my arms to rise on their own. Has anyone seriously played with this stuff? It seems to be guided by intention and breath..I'm going to try to do the form like this..gives new insight into using chi..

T

I've been rounds with a standing practice. To answer this question would be that i don't do a standing practice with my arms out unless they float up, supported by my deep inner earth qi. Most of my standing practice is in the company of trees as i have amazing new and old growth trees in my yard.

i don't embrace the tree but rather BE the tree. do you hear a tree complaining about holding thier limbs out for hundreds of years? NOOOO! even a newer tree complain about those limbs hanging strait out?? NOOOO!

i learned this directly from them. they allow the deep earth dark star conciousness to flow thur them and shower the planet. wow cool job. we are not much different and if you open your being to the deep earth qi, it will flood you with a nurturing lifeforce and allow you to do things like hold your arms out effortlessly or a plethora of other things that you can think of... even better yet they will tell you to tap into your own inner earth and allow that qi to support your endevors, like holding your arms out....... but really it can be used for anything in life.

also, I'm remebering a iron shirt session with ron diana....

we were 30 minutes or so into 50 minute standing session, most of us were struggling. i was next to a guy that was a life long marial artist. (kung fu) he was obviously into weight lifting with impressive toned muscles and had extremely fast reflexes, (not to mention cool tatoos). he was not a "body builder" so to say but showed the result of some serious iron pushing. ron burst out how he usually did laughing and said, "why is the stongest person in the room having the hardest time with this?"

why was this guy struggling so much? he was fit, strong muscles, amazing reflexes and cat like fluid movement but he could not stand comfortably, even with his arms down for any length of time. another note ron mentioned that the people that think the standing practice is about breath are also going to suffer a lot.

his point, driven home by making us hold our arms out for 50 minutes at a time was that STRUCTURE was the key to a strong body. i think creating that structure has a lot to do with OPENING yourself to the deep inner earth as well as this physical earth.

happy standing,

:-)

Edited by Jeremiah

I would say that breathing is still a kep part of it, although that is obviously related to proper structure and depends on it. If you stand with your bones and proper structure/chi-flow your breathing will be deep and relaxed, no?

As for floating the hands, I think this important. I been doing the paul dong style thing from the video someone send me, the yi chuan, I find it very invigorating!!!!!! It really connects me with the earth and opens my chi flow, gott mix it up with other movments too...yoga...

peace out

Sign in to follow this