Sign in to follow this  
Old Man Contradiction

Why gluten-free?

Does anyone know why gluten is unhealthy?

ever done research on it?

It's hard to digest. And many people have allergies to it and can develop allergies to it if eaten too much since it is hard to digest.

ever done research on it?

It's hard to digest. And many people have allergies to it and can develop allergies to it if eaten too much since it is hard to digest.

Yeah, I have researched it. But why would you care about that?

It's hard to digest... It seems like there has to be more compelling evidence out there. I'm not concerned about celiac's disease and gluten sensitivity, I want to know the harmful effects on the average person. I personally think I am lightly sensitive to gluten since it seems to correlate with headaches I get.

They say it causes intestinal inflammation. Does this occur in everyone? What other ways does gluten harm the healthy human body?

Yeah, I have researched it. But why would you care about that?

It's hard to digest... It seems like there has to be more compelling evidence out there. I'm not concerned about celiac's disease and gluten sensitivity, I want to know the harmful effects on the average person. I personally think I am lightly sensitive to gluten since it seems to correlate with headaches I get.

They say it causes intestinal inflammation. Does this occur in everyone? What other ways does gluten harm the healthy human body?

Actually I forgot where I read it. But it was something to do with the fact that chemically structured, it is abrasive to the intestines, and doesn't digest well in that it doesn't properly get broken down or something.

It actually is all grains.

It goes like this...

If this is the whole of the time that humans have been on the planet,

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

Then this is how long humans have been eating grains,

________.

None to long relative to how long we have been around. Sixteen thousand years or whatever since the advent of agriculture is not really all

that long for our bodies to adapt to something that we didn't eat the previous two-hundred thousand years. And when we did start eating

grains we went to the max.

Some would even say that the advent of agriculture and a safe, steady food supply is root of all of our modern problems. Once we started

to farm grains we needed more and more land. The nation-state springs directly from that need to control more and more land to feed a

continually growing population. But I digress.

So basically our bodies just haven't had time to adjust to this newer food source.

It actually is all grains.

I understand the paleo-primal thing, but I'm wondering about the protein called gluten.

If grains can be eaten medicinally and as prescribed by a good TCM doctor, than I would recommend it. Otherwise, I can see them as being empty of dietary value. Yet, grains are cheap and can keep a hungry child's stomach full. So along with everything else, it's specific to the individual.

Anyway... gluten.

Please share information on gluten, I remember somebody mentioning gluten's affect on the nervous system?

I understand the paleo-primal thing, but I'm wondering about the protein called gluten.

If grains can be eaten medicinally and as prescribed by a good TCM doctor, than I would recommend it. Otherwise, I can see them as being empty of dietary value. Yet, grains are cheap and can keep a hungry child's stomach full. So along with everything else, it's specific to the individual.

Anyway... gluten.

Please share information on gluten, I remember somebody mentioning gluten's affect on the nervous system?

Here in China they eat gluten. Like the extract the gluten out of the flour and eat it as a dish on it's own. I couldn't believe it after all the bad rap i've heard it's got in Australia. But there you go...

Sign in to follow this