Sign in to follow this  
mrcuteblackie

warding off voilence, impacts and accidents

Hi,

I practice yoga and meditation, and am for peace and compassion. However, I lost a paired organ 15 years ago and luckily the other one is super healthy. I just need to avoid being hit there. First off, I did not worry about receiving a blow on that side for the pas 15 years, so why have I started worrying now? Is it because my mediotations have purified my mind so that past trauma is remembered? Second, please tell me about any practice that will keep violence and accidents and collisions away from hurting the remaining organ.

Peace and health to all. I am new to Taoism, but I have read buddhist books.

Hi,

I practice yoga and meditation, and am for peace and compassion. However, I lost a paired organ 15 years ago and luckily the other one is super healthy. I just need to avoid being hit there. First off, I did not worry about receiving a blow on that side for the pas 15 years, so why have I started worrying now? Is it because my mediotations have purified my mind so that past trauma is remembered? Second, please tell me about any practice that will keep violence and accidents and collisions away from hurting the remaining organ.

You're asking for some fairly esoteric material which could most likely be rendered by extremely high level practitioners (who may have better things to do than poke around in here). However...

"Qigong Empowerment: A Guide to Medical, Taoist, Buddhist, Wushu Energy Cultivation" by Masster Shou-Yu Liang is not only one of the best qigong references in print but it's full of the kind of "protection" practices you speak of. It's kind of pricey, but good public libraries carry it.

Good luck.

Hi,

Hi mrcuteblackie,

you appear quite sensitive to the cosmic qi -- the reason you started worrying about it now while you didn't for the past 15 years is related to the nature of the time period that is about to begin -- the year of the Yang Metal Tiger is coming, with Wood/Metal in the stems/branches and with the Tiger sitting in a Grand Duke-facing direction. This is an accident-provoking arrangement, unfortunately, especially for some people. There's many ways to protect yourself, but of those practically available AND efficient, I suggest you get feng shui/Chinese astrological help from a reputable form-compass/4 pillars practitioner and follow the guidelines for do's and don't's for the duration of the year. In addition, I would suggest you take extra care (up to avoiding all activities and practices that might lead to injury) on all San Niang days -- that's all 3rd, 7th, 13th, 18th, 22nd and 27th days of each LUNAR month (do not mix them up with calendar dates).

(An example of San Niang affliction in action from my experience: late at night my husband wanted to cut himself a piece of hard cheese and split a finger open to the bone in the process. We went to the emergency room, where a friendly doctor stitched it up and casually commented, "today is the day of cut fingers for some reason -- you are my patient number five since the afternoon with pretty much the same trauma." I looked it up later in my Chinese almanac and, sure enough, it was a San Niang with Metal Attacks-afflicted day. )

Well, the coming year will be Metal Attacks-prone because Metal and Wood are in conflict, the Tiger wearing weapons on its back will be irritated and periodically trying to shake them off, and it's a Yang Tiger who is pretty fierce, who wlll sit where he can't help offending the Grand Duke Jupiter. In short, a year is coming when whoever wasn't interested in FS/4P before might do well getting interested...

Edited by Taomeow

Hi mrcuteblackie,

you appear quite sensitive to the cosmic qi -- the reason you started worrying about it now while you didn't for the past 15 years is related to the nature of the time period that is about to begin -- the year of the Yang Metal Tiger is coming, with Wood/Metal in the stems/branches and with the Tiger sitting in a Grand Duke-facing direction. This is an accident-provoking arrangement, unfortunately, especially for some people. There's many ways to protect yourself, but of those practically available AND efficient, I suggest you get feng shui/Chinese astrological help from a reputable form-compass/4 pillars practitioner and follow the guidelines for do's and don't's for the duration of the year. In addition, I would suggest you take extra care (up to avoiding all activities and practices that might lead to injury) on all San Niang days -- that's all 3rd, 7th, 13th, 18th, 22nd and 27th days of each LUNAR month (do not mix them up with calendar dates).

(An example of San Niang affliction in action from my experience: late at night my husband wanted to cut himself a piece of hard cheese and split a finger open to the bone in the process. We went to the emergency room, where a friendly doctor stitched it up and casually commented, "today is the day of cut fingers for some reason -- you are my patient number five since the afternoon with pretty much the same trauma." I looked it up later in my Chinese almanac and, sure enough, it was a San Niang with Metal Attacks-afflicted day. )

Well, the coming year will be Metal Attacks-prone because Metal and Wood are in conflict, the Tiger wearing weapons on its back will be irritated and periodically trying to shake them off, and it's a Yang Tiger who is pretty fierce, who wlll sit where he can't help offending the Grand Duke Jupiter. In short, a year is coming when whoever wasn't interested in FS/4P before might do well getting interested...

I shall not post again before consulting with thee. :D

I shall not post again before consulting with thee. :D

Oh, it wasn't a refutation of your most sensible posting, just a suggestion of an approach from a different angle. :)

Sign in to follow this